• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hamiste

Reaction score
About RUI last. Do you know if the same size of boots has more room than shoes?

I feel the boots bigger than shoes and I am not sure if I should go down half size. Thank you!

Hi,
Sorry for that late answer. Actually, I have the same feeling : I bought 1 pair of Rui boots in 7 and 1 pair of Rui longwing in the same size. I had to return the shoes to switch them with 7 and a half.
I think the difference is very light : probably not even a quarter size.
At the time I thought that it was just random, but reading your post and seeing that for you too the boots are a bit bigger is strange.

Saodavi

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the quality of the Linea Maestro compared to TLB Mallorca or Carmina? I realize that the latter are about $100 - $150 more expensive, but I thought I'd ask how they compare seeing that the Meermin Linea Maestro line has some excellent specs.

I have a pair of Meermin Oxfords on the Hiro last which are decent, as well as a pair of TLB Mallorca Artista, which are excellent. Just wondering where the Meermin LM line fits in relation to the two, or if TLB/Carmina are significantly better given their 30% to 50% price difference.

Anybody have experience with both?

Mihai B.

Reaction score
No, no, no. You need to return these. Please keep us updated on Meermin´s handling of this issue.
Meermin wrote that they will replace the boots. I've sent them back and after 2 weeks I've received info that this model and size is not on stock and they will refund the money. I said that I need the boots and I can wait some days until they will be on stock. Answer: no restocking date but they are really sorry about it.

Have to mention that size 8.5UK was on stock when I raised the issue and handled the package to UPS so from my opinion a pair should have been reserved for me. Or to make one pair if this kind of situation occur.

How is MTO working if you receive a defective pair? They will craft another pair for you, right?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would be curious to know how many StyleForum members own multiple pairs of Meermin, and are overall satisfied with their quality and performance regardless of price point. I know sometimes the reviews and concerns in this thread can lead some to believe StyleForum represents a higher percentage of Meermin's customer base than reality.

Some follow the quality over quantity ideology, but I'm aware not everyone can or wants to spend $300+ for a pair of shoes...

Hamiste

Reaction score
Meermin wrote that they will replace the boots. I've sent them back and after 2 weeks I've received info that this model and size is not on stock and they will refund the money. I said that I need the boots and I can wait some days until they will be on stock. Answer: no restocking date but they are really sorry about it.

Have to mention that size 8.5UK was on stock when I raised the issue and handled the package to UPS so from my opinion a pair should have been reserved for me. Or to make one pair if this kind of situation occur.

How is MTO working if you receive a defective pair? They will craft another pair for you, right?

Hi,

no I don't think they recraft. They either tell you that the pair is not faulty or they refund you.
On the the last cordovan MTO with cap toe, I got a really faulty pair. I sent them the pictures and they asked me to ship my boots back for further inspection. Instead of doing this (knowing that I would probably never see my boots again), I asked them if they could propose a partial refund and they agreed. But I am a rather good customer from Meermin (14 pairs so far) so they may have taken that point into account before approving my request.

Last edited:

Ismael J

Reaction score
I would be curious to know how many StyleForum members own multiple pairs of Meermin, and are overall satisfied with their quality and performance regardless of price point. I know sometimes the reviews and concerns in this thread can lead some to believe StyleForum represents a higher percentage of Meermin's customer base than reality.

Some follow the quality over quantity ideology, but I'm aware not everyone can or wants to spend $300+ for a pair of shoes...
Hi

Have a handful of Meermin Loafers, no Oxford/Derbys/boots yet:

- Dark Brown Calf Tassel Loafers: the first I bought from them online and came up a bit large for me, since then I order 1/2 a size less and no problems.These I use with suits a lot.
- Snuff Suede Tassel Loafers: don't use them as much although they are quite handsome, maybe the color is too intense. End up using them with jeans and such
- Dark Brown Suede Penny Loafers: use them a lot, bought them at the store in Madrid Lagasca
- Brown Unlined Penny Loafers: great comfy summer shoes. These are lighter and more flexible than the rest.

Great experience with Meermin, definitely good value. Less attention to detail than for example Carmina but still good investment. A bit stiff at the beginning but they eventually break in.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently picked up these seconds from their eBay outlet for $115 shipped. Very pleased! IMG_5902.jpg IMG_5903.jpg IMG_5904.jpg IMG_5905.jpg

The flaw is that these had been returned (tried on), and there is also a small tear in the leather at the back of the heel, which might be difficult for me to stitch as I'm a novice. I am considering trying to glue it carefully. Thoughts?
s-l1600 (1).jpg

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
So I just received my first ever order from meermin and it came with... only one shoe? Literally the box only contains one shoe, and there isn’t even room for another shoe in the box. Has this ever happened to anyone? Please tell me their pricing isn’t so cheap because you have to buy their shoes one at a time.

Attachments

• 674CD4A6-47D3-431A-867D-CDEB3ACF78BA.jpeg
    674CD4A6-47D3-431A-867D-CDEB3ACF78BA.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 262

dluce76

Reaction score
So I just received my first ever order from meermin and it came with... only one shoe? Literally the box only contains one shoe, and there isn’t even room for another shoe in the box. Has this ever happened to anyone? Please tell me their pricing isn’t so cheap because you have to buy their shoes one at a time.
Trolling?

If not, no, the price is for a pair. Email them.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know this is probably not funny to you, but it is pretty comical. Yeah, that’s really bad QC, how the hell does that happen.

Saodavi

Reaction score

Were you taking advantage of their half-off sale?

Mothetgoo

Reaction score
It’s pretty funny to me too. Obviously I’ll be annoyed if they don’t remedy the situation somehow, but the fact that they forgot one of two shoes is pretty funny

dluce76

Reaction score
It’s pretty funny to me too. Obviously I’ll be annoyed if they don’t remedy the situation somehow, but the fact that they forgot one of two shoes is pretty funny
Don't be surprised if they ask you to send it back, maybe even on your dime, and then tell you that your size in that model is sold out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads