• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medium Blue Sportcoat

Camacho

Reaction score
After much deliberation, I figured I'd just come ask the experts..

I've had my eye on this jacket for a bit now but have noticed that it is rare to see a jacket in this shade of blue.. Is it acceptable to wear lighter shades of blue in business casual situations or do you think this would stand out a bit much?

closeup.jpg

Jacket.jpg

Thanks!

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine it depends on the industry. If you were in the music business, I doubt that would stand out too much. If you were in academic book publishing, that would be inappropriate.

Incidentally, that's a nice jacket. Who makes it?

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How can this possibly stand out too much? It is essentially a "navy blue blazer." Wait, it is better than a navy blue blazer because it doesn't look black.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice fabric. I don't like the cut: too much shoulder padding;
too short; too skimpy on the model.

Mr. J.B.

Reaction score
To me it looks to be a navy blue color, as another poster said. I don't think it's too light or garish to work with business casual attire. I'd personally wear it, sometimes.

crinklecut

Reaction score
Paul Stuart, right? Yeah, that's really more of a washed-out navy. Personally I'd have a hard time finding things that go with it.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
I imagine it depends on the industry. If you were in the music business, I doubt that would stand out too much. If you were in academic book publishing, that would be inappropriate.

but ... but .. nobody works in academic book publishing any more.

I have a jacket in this color that I wear on sunny days with lighter colors. Light brown pants (wool or cotton), light blue shirt, maybe in a pattern, etc. I don't think it is loud or Herb Tarlek. I wouldn't wear a darker sweater under it (as in the picture) but whatever. It is a good alternative to the darker navy blazer.

Camacho

Reaction score
Paul Stuart - Thanks for your comments.. Most of my questioning is derived from having noticed that I do not see many others wearing anything but darker navy.. I have not stopped by the store yet but am thinking it is now on the agenda..

Thanks Again!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like an indigo type of blue. Should be pretty versatile, I'd have thought!

Nice fabric too.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred

When did book publishing become a field where you have to watch what color your jacket is
laugh.gif

crinklecut

Reaction score
Originally Posted by landshark
When did book publishing become a field where you have to watch what color your jacket is
laugh.gif

Maybe if your company is communist and you can only wear tan and brown and olive. And red, obviously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads