• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Massimo Dutti

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone familiar with the brand?

I have been a few times in their shop in Cologne and I always liked the looks - simple and classical without being boring.

Can anyone second/comment on what I found on the forum:
Originally Posted by jmswentworth
It is allright, quality is nothing to write home about. To give you a place, I would say the quality is far superior to Zara, and lower than Zegna. I'm not too sure what brands you have in Sweden, (its obviously better than H&M) so you will have to tell me what you are familiar with.

The quality is good enough to wear on a regular basis, and not to worry about due to the price.

I'm not really a fan of their shirts, as I can get Lanvin and Kiton shirts for about 50 pounds from a wholesaler in London. That's not to say they are bad, the fabric of one of their plain white cotton shirts was outdtanding for the money. I cannot comment on the durability or cut.

Their knitwear is good.

Their jackets and suits are outstanding for the money.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll second it, re the shirts. Not bad at all. Conservative euroluxury styling. So you could do worse.

Brand has no presence in the US, for some reason.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also agree that it is good value. Their suits however are fused although the cuts are solid and conservative in their style with fabrics being quite reasonable in quality at that price. You can do a lot worse.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds fine...
Although I'm afraid they won't have anything (suits, that is) in my size (I'm 1.92 m tall) or does anyone know whether they have long sizes?

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
When I was in Strasbourg earlier this year the MD store there had MTM.
Interesting... do you remember the prize range?
I usually have problems finding a suit that fits since I am quite slender as well...

pinchi22

Reaction score
MD is one of several Inditex brands. Not as widely known or available as Zara. It´s tailored (pun intended
blush.gif
) to an older, more conservative buyer than Zara. Pricing is higher than Zara, but quality is better, too. But the quality is much closer to Zara than to, say, Zegna. They now outsource a lot of production to places such as Turkey and Romania (not necessarily a bad thing).

Personally, I think some of their casual stuff is fine for doing errands, etc. Not sure I´d buy their fused suits, though.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello. Mack11211 said they don't have a presence in the US, but I found one at a TJ MAxx the other day. It's dark green and has silver perarly buttons. Looks to be pretty nice, but I wasn't too sure about the brand. They want $35.00 for it. What do these button down shirts usually sell for in the stores?

JR_Rider

Reaction score
I am in Barcelona, Spain right now and only stumble upon this store yesterday as we went to virtually every Zara store I could find. Here in Barcelona, Zara a hands down the most popular retail store. I can't think of any store this popular in the United States. Anyway, I was very impressed with the presentation in the store as I felt it has a very upscale feel. Although they had some really nice looking pieces I didn't pull the trigger on anything by their cologne. I was very tempted to puchase one of their suis as I think they have a great fit and would serve as a nice addition to my growing wardrobe. And at €199 before the 15% Vat refund it was very close to a steal. Only problem was they didn't have a navy chalk stripe suit which is virtually the only color I am looking for. Shoes were also only like €85 euros. This store reminds me of Banana Republic with higher prices and better quality. If anybody wants me to look for something for them lemme know.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JR_Rider
I am in Barcelona, Spain right now and only stumble upon this store yesterday as we went to virtually every Zara store I could find. Here in Barcelona, Zara a hands down the most popular retail store. I can't think of any store this popular in the United States. Anyway, I was very impressed with the presentation in the store as I felt it has a very upscale feel. Although they had some really nice looking pieces I didn't pull the trigger on anything by their cologne. I was very tempted to puchase one of their suis as I think they have a great fit and would serve as a nice addition to my growing wardrobe. And at €199 before the 15% Vat refund it was very close to a steal. Only problem was they didn't have a navy chalk stripe suit which is virtually the only color I am looking for. Shoes were also only like €85 euros. This store reminds me of Banana Republic with higher prices and better quality. If anybody wants me to look for something for them lemme know.

is everyone on SF going to 'lona this year?

Dutti is not bad...

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've gotten a couple of pairs of casual pants there. I've been disappointed with the quality, they are on par with H&M in my opinion.

why18

Reaction score
They offer a MTM service in their Singapore branch here.

Strangely during their twice a year sales, you will see items that do not usually appear and in lesser quality.

Casul pants are quite well constructed and comfortable.

Confucius

Reaction score
Dutti stuff looks quite nice and the price/value point is pretty good. I don't own anything (only Zara) but the stores are quite prevalent here in KL and Singapore. Unfortunately the nice things like knits, blazers and jackets are inappropriate for me to buy for the local climate.

I think the suits work out to around AUD$700 which is a pretty good deal. No idea about their quality or construction though. If anyone has any experience I'd like to know as I've been close to pulling the trigger a few times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads