• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They just never made sizes above 9-10 afaik

Did you give them that feedback?
I have in the past and the response was
A) there isn’t enough demand for it
B) it’s hard to get larger sized mizuno produced

But the more people that bring it up the more likely they add bigger sizes

milosh

Reaction score
I did in store but I suspect it didn’t reach far. Actually the SA at the Paris store was like “strange decision considering that they are a British company”.

catchh

Reaction score
Here’s another link preview for upcoming fall winter collection.

matic

Reaction score
Actually the SA at the Paris store was like “strange decision considering that they are a British company”.
technically, but japan is the one bringing in the moola

sandmountain

Reaction score
technically, but japan is the one bringing in the moola
Yeah, I see it more as a collaboration between Margaret Howell Japan and Mizuno Japan (isn’t it part of the “Go to by Mizuno” lifestyle range?) so I guess it’s geared towards that market. Makes sense, but sucks if it’s too small for you.

The shoes are just slightly nicer versions of/updates on existing models in Japan, sizes seem to only go up to 28 or 29 (UK 9 or 10) there. The new models look like they might be the Wave Evoke GTX?

I thought the Margaret Howell (UK) website says the shoes run a size small and advise sizing up. So I’m surprised to hear they run big.

sandmountain

Reaction score
An exhibition titled British Cooling Towers – Sculptural Giants opens this week at Wigmore Street in association with Twentieth Century Society (C20) as part of this year’s London Festival of Architecture.

sandmountain

Reaction score
Some promotion for the upcoming Fred Perry capsule collection, coming out June 19. I like it!

“I enjoyed sports and athletics at school and when I began designing clothes, sportswear was a source of inspiration – photographs of sports men and women in action for example,” said Margaret Howell. “Also, I grew up with the name of Fred Perry so to collaborate with the Fred Perry company and their expertise of manufacture, I feel is a happy match!”

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody remember what these pants were called?
I think it was SS21 but might have been last season

IMG_4937.jpeg

And as a follow up - if anybody has a pair in a Large or knows where there is a pair could you let me know?

Last edited:

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look similar to the Tab Adjustor Trousers which were made in different fabrics across several season including SS21. However Tab Adjustor trousers were not cropped so maybe these are from SS22?

margaret-howell-men-s21-tab-adjuster-trouser-dense-cotton-drill-dark-stone.jpeg

margaret-howell-men-s21-tab-adjuster-trouser-dense-cotton-drill-dark-stone-back.jpeg

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s it! Tab adjuster!
Thanks man.
Yeah these aren’t actually cropped it’s just the lookbook (as Howell generally styles their pants)

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are all the iterations of the Tab Adjustor Trouser:

A/W 2020
Dry Cotton Drill – Putty
Dry Cotton Drill – Black

S/S 2021
Dense Cotton Drill – Dark Stone
Dense Cotton Drill – Indigo

AW 2021
Dry Wool Cord – Black
Morning Stripe Wool Twill – Charcoal
Dry Compact Cotton – Khaki
Dry Compact Cotton – Black

Love the fit on these. I have a pair in the Putty and the Dark Stone. The pattern is based on the AW19 Wide Waistband Trouser which had the same fit and diagonal slash pockets but does not feature the tab adjustors or the button-through patch back pocket; instead it has two concealed button-fastening flap pockets and a two button fastening at the waist. Wide Waistband Trouser came in Heavy Black Moleskin and Charcoal Tough Wool Drill; I have the Wool Drill + the matching Wide Wrap Blazer.

aaa446d4eeb3a97c1b205fb234be3210.jpeg

Wide Waistband Trouser - Heavy Black Moleskin

Last edited:

sandmountain

Reaction score
Fred Perry stuff seems to be online now fyi
You have to scroll through

Yeah, it’s up on the homepage now:

Any thoughts? I’m guessing it’s not quite your thing. I like it, but I’m not sure if I’ll buy anything. Although the Pintuck Jogger is tempting.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah it’s not my thing. It’s kind of a pointless collaboration imo and the FP laurel wreath logo kills anything I might have considered otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads