• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Margaret Howell/MHL

Donut

Reaction score
Appreciate the opinions guys. It’s a really cool piece and I like it but I don’t “love it”. So, I’m open to selling it for what I got plus shipping ($325+shipping). It’s an XS and I typically wear a S (5’7” 160lb), sometimes a M. This can definitely fit between an S-M with room to layer. There’s a small stain on the back that I’ll try to remove with tech wash before sending out.
Following up on this. I'm selling this for $250USD + shipping. Hoping to just offload this and give it another home as its a really nice jacket. I've cleaned the jacket so the stain is gone. Jacket is practically unworn as I've only tried it on and the previous owner wore it twice.

Attached some pics:
1677538035588.png

1677538055647.png

catchh

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm going to be in London for a bit in March. Does anyone have any recommendations for which Howell store(s) to check out? I'm interested both in seeing the new collection as well as any where past collections may be found at a discount.

Any other stores that rank high on people's list?
Definitely check out their main location:

34 Wigmore St
London
W1U 2RS
England

It’s posted all over Instagram all the time. I was there a few years ago and it really is beautiful and captures everything Margaret Howell.

sandmountain

Reaction score
Yes, there are two sale stores that I’m aware of. The first one is located at:

63 Margaret Street, London, W1W 8SW
T: 020 7580 1999

And the second one is at the designer outlet at St Nichols Avenue in York (T: +44 1904 634607)

Both are open all year round and stock the seasonal collection of the year prior (e.g. right now they are selling SS 2022) plus other bits from before that. I believe they are 50%, final sale.

looseandwavey

Reaction score
There is a sale store (or 2?) but i'm not sure where it is exactly. Somebody ITT will know.
I'd also go to the Old Nichol Street store for MHL but that's because the sales reps there are awesome.
I would second this, staff there are great. Also great in the sale shop on Margaret street. Wigmore street is the biggest, and close to the sale shop, but the vibe there can be a bit off putting.

catchh

Reaction score
Btw how’d you get the link? Surprised I didn’t notice it

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This vest is making me even more regretful I didn’t buy that MHL shearling lined work vest a few years ago. Any chance anybody has an XL they’d sell or know where to find one?
F5489866-1AEF-457D-851E-01E71047A235.jpeg

This one:
26EF1334-4AA7-4C96-8A6E-39CD31AF5A49.jpeg

sandmountain

Reaction score
Btw how’d you get the link? Surprised I didn’t notice it

Just did a past-24 hour Google image search and it showed up 😛 Was expecting it to come out this week though because of the listing on Paris Fashion Week this Sunday I think it is.

Just looked over the looks. Love all of it! Beautiful pops of color too.

Agreed. I like how they shot the video on the street instead of the studio this time.

279C64BF-BBA3-4CDE-BEF3-A81C6BB0B132.jpeg

Also, perhaps someone here can enlighten me as to what’s going on in look 10: is that some kind of skirt/kilt for men? I know that Margaret Howell is considered a bit of an androgynous brand, but that seems more true of the women’s collection. I always wondered if it would ever go the other way around.

catchh

Reaction score
Nice find! Yeah, I remember they would always show the new preview collection after a month or so of putting up their new seasonal arrivals.

I like the new styled video as well. It's really interesting seeing it all in black and white. The clothes look so well together, the textures jump out, so much depth to each look.

It does look like a skirt/kilt of some kind. I wonder if it will actually be available to the mens collection or it's just for styling? Many of Margaret's clothes can be worn for men/women. Maybe this is the start of something available to both men/women?

milosh

Reaction score
Looks great overall. I like the brown cords. They look like this years straight leg chino cut.

sandmountain

Reaction score
Nice find! Yeah, I remember they would always show the new preview collection after a month or so of putting up their new seasonal arrivals.

I like the new styled video as well. It's really interesting seeing it all in black and white. The clothes look so well together, the textures jump out, so much depth to each look.

It does look like a skirt/kilt of some kind. I wonder if it will actually be available to the mens collection or it's just for styling? Many of Margaret's clothes can be worn for men/women. Maybe this is the start of something available to both men/women?

No mention of a kilt for men in the press release, only a different one for women that comes in a graphic check.

I think it’s possible that it’s a styling choice, but I’m going to wager a bet that it’s not. I did think something like a kilt for men would be an obvious way for Margaret Howell to lean in a more androgynous direction for men. There is already a long history/tradition for that kind of garment and it relates quite well to the brand’s British identity. We’ll see!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads