• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

magnanni shoe advice (size for mail order)

masterpp

Reaction score
hi guys,

i need some advice on sizing- maganni dont sell their shoes in the uk, but i saw some abroad and they look great. i want to buy these mail order

http://www.magnanni.com/index.php?p=...=5&color=Black

but i dont know what size to buy them

i take a 7.5 UK/european in dolce gabbana, and i take an 8 or 8.5 in stemar/moreschi.

for instance i have the stemar equivalents of these
http://www.moreschishoes.com/product...&pfid=MSC00771

in 8.5 and they are a smidge too long for me, but fine on the width.

could you advise me as to what size i should buy the magnanni shoes. also, im confused if they are advertising in American or European size. all my shoes are European

any advice appreciated

goodall

Reaction score
I have a pair of Maganni loafers. They are nice shoes and probably true to size. I take a 9C in an American size and the loafers are a 9 medium which is a D and they are a bit loose. Very comfortable shoes but they aren't particularly long lasting. This is my second pair and I got a good deal when Mark Shale closed. Good luck.

DoubleDomer

Reaction score
I have a few pairs of magnanni. They run 1/2 size larger/ longer depending on the last. You should try them on in person if you can. Also, Magnanni makes (or used to make) for the Florsheim Royal Imperial line, so the sizes might be US.

Lord Gladstone

Reaction score
In my case I wear UK6 in Santoni, C&J 348 last UK7, C&J 341 last UK6, C&J 360 last UK6.
My one pair of Magnanni are comparable to Santoni as to fit. I have them in UK6.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FAIK, the Magnanni line of shoes is comparable to Florsheim and Bostonian, and not even close to Allen Edmonds in quality/durability. Is this a fair assessment? Because I see the Magnannis priced equal to AEs everywhere I go, even in Nordstrom.

goodall

Reaction score
I agree Magnanni's are not on par with AE in terms of quality and durability. On the other hand they are a completely different type of shoe. Really not shoes I would use for daily wear. They just wouldn't hold up compared to AE's but they do have a more European look and feel.

DoubleDomer

Reaction score
^^

I agree that they are definitely European in style. It's hard for me to compare them to AE though. My AE's are heavier, Goodyear-welted, and seem like they'll last forever with resoling and proper maintenance. And they're styled more conservatively. On the other hand, my Magnanni's are lighter, either Blake- or Bologna-constructed, and are styled more modernly. I do not expect them to last beyond a few years. But they are comfortable as hell.

That said, I bought each knowing what I wanted. Also, I would not put the Magnanni spectrum of shoes on par with Bostonian or Florsheim. But, that's just me.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DoubleDomer
That said, I bought each knowing what I wanted. Also, I would not put the Magnanni spectrum of shoes on par with Bostonian or Florsheim. But, that's just me.

Meaning you'd put them below or above Bostonian and Florsheim?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads