• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Magnanni Appreciation Thread

alolio

Reaction score
I have had several pairs for years now. I bought more classic styles with nice detailing at reasonable prices from Nordy's. They're comfortable and work well with most of what I wear in my business casual attire. I don't spend a lot of time in anything other than jeans and scrubs, so spending more than $400 on dress shoes seems absurd.

Jake Tough

Reaction score
I've bought a model that is no longer manufactred by the brand. Besides I bought it from Europe and since Magnanni doesn't have the same products in every country it explains why it can't be found on Amazon.com

Kind of brogue chukka boots, the same as these:

I find it a bit too pointy for a brogue boot though. What do you guys think? Do u prefer rounded toes when it comes to brogue boots too?

That said, the leather is beautiful and the color's amazing. I think the construction is Blake (that's what's been written on the ticket)

One thing I give Magnanni credit for though is the extreme comfort of their shoes (as long as you find the perfect fit ==> Magnanni tend to run larger than normal which is why you should always go for one-half size down)

Other than that, Magnanni is very fashion-forward brand and have some masterpieces along its ranks.

Here are the best magnanni shoes according to customers reviews and ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trqmaster

Reaction score
I don't think it is too pointy. It makes it look dressier. Less casual. I guess it depends on how you intend to wear the shoe. Dressed up or down? They do offer round toe shapes which could be more casual but that selection is much smaller then their common pointer square/chiseled toe.

Regarding leather firmness, they do use firmer leather but I have shoes from many other brands and have firm leather from them in addition to soft leather. So I guess Magnanni just prefers to use firmer leather. The break in period is definitely longer but once broken in, they feel fine.

I'm pretty sure they only use blake and bon welts. I haven't opened up one of their shoes to see if it is blake rapid or blake with bon welt.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Braided magnanni bought them 3 year ago stunner summer shoes paid 250$ same thing carmina is rolling out for 450$
1f602.png
1f602.png

Last edited:

Masry

Reaction score
Two lucky Nordstrom Rack finds. The Dylan driver in cognac ($80) and a brown suede chukka ($60), perhaps the Huesca II model (which I can't find much info about; maybe a direct-to-the-Rack model?).
IMG_20170713_141050763.jpg

Kevin24

Reaction score
Are Magnanni's corrected grain or regular calf leather?

I know they are blake stiched overall and can be found for a reasonable price.

Just trying to think of why else most people on places like here and AAAC seem opposed to them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads