• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mafoofan struggles to buy breast wallet at Hermes . . . arises victorious!

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting thread.... in a I want to stab myself in the eyes kind of way
ffffuuuu.gif

CentralParkWest

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
I don't know, it just seems kind of silly to me that I invested 6 hours in reading a book because of a 90 page foo thread.

WOW, never under estimate the power of a SF thread. I hope advertisers are reading this.

sierra

Reaction score
I found this interesting and this seemed like a good place to share-- http://www.businessinsider.com/wealt...ur-head-2011-1 "Harvard professor Roy Y.J Chua and London Business School assistant professor Xi Zou found that people who live luxuriously may be psychologically different than everyone else. More specifically, people who drive around in town cars and zip across the country in private jets make selfish decisions that enable them to do so. They make decisions that best benefit themselves and don't consider others as much. Chua says this could be the reason so many high-paid executives, like those on Wall Street, act irresponsibly. "People who were made to think about luxury prior to a decision-making task have a higher tendency to endorse self-interested decisions that might potentially harm others," Chua and Zou wrote in their February 2010 paper, "The Devil Wears Prada? Effects of Exposure to Luxury Goods on Cognition and Decision Making." The drive for luxury, Chua found, doesn't make people intentionally harm others; it makes them less concerned about others. Any harm caused is really just a side effect..."

bck

Reaction score

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Mafoofan,

This was not meant to be.

You and that green breast wallet were never meant to be together.

Please get over it and move on.

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is it with the Asians and Hermes/Louis Vuitton? Did they all become super rich overnight?
teacha.gif
I must admit that this thread has been quite educational. Here I thought the Birkin bag is the symbol of feminity...and then I see all these (straight?) guys sporting it like nothing matters. WTF is going on?

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
Mafoofan, This was not meant to be. You and that green breast wallet were never meant to be together. Please get over it and move on.[/b]
You do realize that the he's got the order in, right?

bck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
your majesty forgive me to intrude , please do not trouble yourself with these peasants . They are just fashion victim white collar slave who enslaved themselves to own entry level birkins

their pathetic forlorn existence does not warrant your attention , they will never be part of elite Hermes nobility that they so much sought after

their lineage that can only be traced up until 3 generations is evidence that they are nobody and worthless unlike you duchess , a well respect being . Perhaps your majesty should raise this matter to the next elite Hermes aristocrats meeting , there must be proper rules to purchase from Hermes boutique such one nobility must present their family certificate that trace back to at least 5 generations of nobility. In the case of their servant doing their biddings , he the servant must present the nobility family crest which he represents

and regarding these female pests from tPH that persistently offending you, i humbly offer myself to vanquish them , or if u prefer we could lock them up in the dungeon of your great duchess castle

O.M.G.
lol8[1].gif

Pantisocrat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
okay ...getting creepy, i'm out.

grace2011

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pantisocrat
What is it with the Asians and Hermes/Louis Vuitton? Did they all become super rich overnight?
teacha.gif

I must admit that this thread has been quite educational. Here I thought the Birkin bag is the symbol of feminity...and then I see all these (straight?) guys sporting it like nothing matters. WTF is going on?

A lot of it is counterfeit. And a lot of them save every penny to purchase an item at LV or H, meanwhile they live in rat holes. You should see the pix they post over at the PF of their "Reveals", which also reveal the squalor they live in. So there you have this $1K scarf, or $8K handbag amidst this low-rent mess. And then you also have a lot of resellers there too. The entire PF is fodder for some book about the power of registered trademarks. Amusing and somewhat pathetic at the same time.
p.s. but don't kid yourself....it's not only the Asians.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads