• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

Rekla

Reaction score
Little feedback on the rocado shell.
First the two pictures show the heel were i needed the cobbler to grind it because the front of the heel was the only part really touching the ground. Now it feels way better when walking. Its the comfiest pair i own ( flat feet here).

IMG_20210807_145909.jpg
IMG_20210807_145937.jpg

So for the shell review part.
It is obviously different from horween.
From a raining point : horween > rocado
The shell feel softer than the horween also.

I find it pretty easy to remove water spots on my navy cordovan boots from carmina. It is harder on this one and i still don't know if there is a trick here to completely remove them. I tried saphir cordovan cream, carmina cordovan cream, carmina navy cordovan cream and also wetting the shoes with a wet rag.
As you can see they are still visible. Maybe i should try wetting them a bit more, i don't know.

(before but just after brushing)
IMG_20210807_150024.jpg

(after treatment)
IMG_20210807_230056.jpg

Feel free to tell me if you have any idea.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Medallion stocking their version of TLB in shell.
Seems like the only real differences between Artista and Medallion are their own lasts, some unique patterns and maybe different leathers but construction and finishing details seem to be the same.

Korix

Reaction score
A most pleasant day gents. I'm in a bit of a predicament and I thought I'd seek advise from the experts here.

After much research, mostly here, I've finally decided to take the plunge and go for my first pair of TLBs. I'm currently in talks with Toni towards finalizing an order for a pair of size 12 Austerity Brogues on the Picasso last. My decision to go size 12 was based on last comparisons with Carmina's Rain last in 12.

The Rain last is probably the best last I've used for my feet. A bit exact in length but with just the right width for both feet. Slightly roomy at the heel but still comfortable enough. Any shorter in length would probably be quite uncomfortable. Which is why some comparisons with the Picasso last saying it is slightly longer was actually a welcome thing. Furthermore, my difficulties with a proper fit are accounted for by a significant length difference between my feet. My right foot is slightly longer than my left. Hence a properly fitting shoe on my right foot is loose on my left foot making for very unsightly creasing. Whereas a properly fitting shoe on my left foot makes for a tight fit on my right. Currently I am waiting on a custom pair of boots from RM Williams where the left boot is a half size smaller than the right boot. This was discovered through an arduous process of fitting various types of models and sizes available with them.

The situation I am in now is that I am unsure if I should go 12(Right)/11.5(Left) or 12.5(Right)/12(Left). What would really help is if any of you gents could offer a detailed comparison between the Rain last and the Picasso last for the same size. Is the Picasso last, in fact, longer? Same length? Roomier at the toe box etc. The Size 12 Shoes I have built on Rain last are a little too snug for my liking. They are not uncomfortable and are at best wearable. However, just a tiny bit of wiggle room would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for the time and many thanks in advance! Cheers!

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A most pleasant day gents. I'm in a bit of a predicament and I thought I'd seek advise from the experts here.

After much research, mostly here, I've finally decided to take the plunge and go for my first pair of TLBs. I'm currently in talks with Toni towards finalizing an order for a pair of size 12 Austerity Brogues on the Picasso last. My decision to go size 12 was based on last comparisons with Carmina's Rain last in 12.

The Rain last is probably the best last I've used for my feet. A bit exact in length but with just the right width for both feet. Slightly roomy at the heel but still comfortable enough. Any shorter in length would probably be quite uncomfortable. Which is why some comparisons with the Picasso last saying it is slightly longer was actually a welcome thing. Furthermore, my difficulties with a proper fit are accounted for by a significant length difference between my feet. My right foot is slightly longer than my left. Hence a properly fitting shoe on my right foot is loose on my left foot making for very unsightly creasing. Whereas a properly fitting shoe on my left foot makes for a tight fit on my right. Currently I am waiting on a custom pair of boots from RM Williams where the left boot is a half size smaller than the right boot. This was discovered through an arduous process of fitting various types of models and sizes available with them.

The situation I am in now is that I am unsure if I should go 12(Right)/11.5(Left) or 12.5(Right)/12(Left). What would really help is if any of you gents could offer a detailed comparison between the Rain last and the Picasso last for the same size. Is the Picasso last, in fact, longer? Same length? Roomier at the toe box etc. The Size 12 Shoes I have built on Rain last are a little too snug for my liking. They are not uncomfortable and are at best wearable. However, just a tiny bit of wiggle room would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for the time and many thanks in advance! Cheers!
I take the same size in Rain and Picasso. I can take measurements later, but in my experience, Picasso is roomier in the toe box. I'm not sure if it is because it is longer or wider. I would definitely stick with 12 if that is your rain size. I too have different sized feet. I sometimes get different sizes for the same pair of shoes. But with TLB I don't do that and it works out. I find their lasts more forgiving than some.

apd90700

Reaction score
Not an expert, but just a thought, could you go with the half size larger to accommodate for the right foot, then just add a tongue pad and/or insole to the left shoe? Own Picasso and Goya, they're slightly roomy for me, and I have a pretty close to spec length and width foot in 9D US. The Picasso I can get away with adding a thin Saphir leather on cork insole if I want, the Goya less so [both Oxford].

Korix

Reaction score
I take the same size in Rain and Picasso. I can take measurements later, but in my experience, Picasso is roomier in the toe box. I'm not sure if it is because it is longer or wider. I would definitely stick with 12 if that is your rain size. I too have different sized feet. I sometimes get different sizes for the same pair of shoes. But with TLB I don't do that and it works out. I find their lasts more forgiving than some.
Thank you so much Patrick1053. This has been most helpful.

Korix

Reaction score
Not an expert, but just a thought, could you go with the half size larger to accommodate for the right foot, then just add a tongue pad and/or insole to the left shoe? Own Picasso and Goya, they're slightly roomy for me, and I have a pretty close to spec length and width foot in 9D US. The Picasso I can get away with adding a thin Saphir leather on cork insole if I want, the Goya less so [both Oxford].
Thank you so much apd90700, some useful insights here as well. Cheers!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi TLB enthusiasts. I have three questions with regards to TLB Artista range I hopes you could help me with.

1. Any members here with experience from Vass' F-last? I'm a big fan of the round and classic F-last and I'm really liking how the Goya last looks in pictures. Similarities/differences between the lasts?

2. How dark is the dark brown vegano calf? I'd love a pair of dark brown adelaide shoes, but want to make sure the shade is dark enough as I already have a medium/oak brown pair from Alfred Sargent Exclusive Moore model.

3. I've seen that the brown museum is also referred to as gold sometimes. In your experience, is it a mottled mid brown shade (i.e. a mottled/museum effect version of the brown vegano) or a true golden/orange shade (like Vass' gold museum)? I'm talking about this specific calf featured here https://www.skolyx.se/tlb-mallorca-...rtista-adelaide-oxford-brown-museum-calf.html

Last edited:

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi TLB enthusiasts. I have three questions with regards to TLB Artista range I hopes you could help me with.

1. Any members here with experience from Vass' F-last? I'm a big fan of the round and classic F-last and I'm really liking how the Goya last looks in pictures. Similarities/differences between the lasts?

2. How dark is the dark brown vegano calf? I'd love a pair of dark brown adelaide shoes, but want to make sure the shade is dark enough as I already have a medium/oak brown pair from Alfred Sargent Exclusive Moore model.

3. I've seen that the brown museum is also referred to as gold sometimes. In your experience, is it a mottled mid brown shade (i.e. a mottled/museum effect version of the brown vegano) or a true golden/orange shade (like Vass' gold museum)? I'm talking about this specific calf featured here https://www.skolyx.se/tlb-mallorca-...rtista-adelaide-oxford-brown-museum-calf.html
F last I think has a slightly higher instep. I don’t have any pairs in F last anymore to do a side by side. Edit for clarity: the TLB toe might have a little more slope to it if I recall correctly and maybe have a slightly more elongated look and more accentuated point at the tip (Goya is definitely not what I’d describe as “pointy” though). Tighter waist.
as for the dark brown - it’s a true dark brown. Here’s some pictures straight out of the box. I can try and get some shots in the daylight in a bit next to some other shades of brown in a bit if you need. https://www.styleforum.net/threads/tlb-mallorca-made-in-spain-footwear.626648/post-10138401
No experience with TLBs museum.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F last I think has a slightly higher instep. I don’t have any pairs in F last anymore to do a side by side. The toe might have a little more slope to it if I recall correctly and maybe have a slightly more elongated look and more accentuated point at the tip (Goya is definitely not what I’d describe as “pointy” though). Tighter waist.
as for the dark brown - it’s a true dark brown. Here’s some pictures straight out of the box. I can try and get some shots in the daylight in a bit next to some other shades of brown in a bit if you need. https://www.styleforum.net/threads/tlb-mallorca-made-in-spain-footwear.626648/post-10138401
No experience with TLBs museum.
Thank you very much. This is very helpful.

I consider the F-last to be a classic round toe. The Goya looks to be fairly classic as well. Would you say that the latter is classic yet more almond shaped compared to the former?

I don't require further pictures. That post is enough. It is indeed dark. Thanks for the offer, though.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much. This is very helpful.

I consider the F-last to be a classic round toe. The Goya looks to be fairly classic as well. Would you say that the latter is classic yet more almond shaped compared to the former?

I don't require further pictures. That post is enough. It is indeed dark. Thanks for the offer, though.
Here’s the shape I meant. A little almond but still symmetrical. EG82, Goya, CJ240
3A919A29-5838-4A1D-850C-E92DD51A0D06.jpeg

And the slight slope I mentioned
CDF379C3-6125-4F28-B640-08D75DD87D82.jpeg

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That those are great comparison shots. Thanks. Being familiar with both the other models, this gives me a fairly good sense of what the Goya last and TLB's dark brown colour looks like. Much appreciated, mate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads