• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Made in Spain Footwear, including TLB Mallorca, Cobbler Union, Yanko, Norman Vilalta, etc

corpseposeur

Reaction score
Dark brown box calf oxfords with JR soles and metal toe plates would be my vote

It would be hard to go wrong with this one. I do need some oxfords. Is there a realistic scenario in the US in 2021 where dark brown oxfords with a grey or navy in place of black oxfords is a faux pas?

corpseposeur

Reaction score
An actual faux pas or someone on StyleForum's idea of a faux pas?

An actual faux pas...as in would there be a social or professional situation where I would wear dark brown oxfords and that would be the source of commentary. I don’t think this is the case but curious about the forum’s thoughs

I’ve tended to wear black shoes to the office but usually Chelsea boots or monk straps. I find black oxfords as in the uniform to be a bit boring as dark brown is still conservative but offsets against greys and navies
I wear dark brown oxfords with grey and navy all the time here in the U.S.
Yesterday it was dark brown EG oxfords with navy pants.

I think the thing that’s held me back on TLB is that I had wanted rubber soled shoes for a while for rain and snow. While the have a really nice rubber sole, the real charm is their leather soles.

I also had an idea for a custom order with a balmoral style oxford with a brown suede upper. Would that be overkill?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah this is definitely a faux pas :smile:
VB1.jpeg

MacGuffen

Reaction score
Box calf was my first thought too as usually you'd want your oxfords to look presentable in formal settings. But patinas are more interesting, and easier to acquire with the vegano. ?

Patrick1053

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Box calf was my first thought too as usually you'd want your oxfords to look presentable in formal settings. But patinas are more interesting, and easier to acquire with the vegano. ?
Yes, Boxcalf is sturdy and classic but Vegano is more interesting and a little softer in my opinion.

Case and point

Chicago: Saint Crispin's Trunk Show – Leffot
Loafer | Made to order paris

St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread | Page 454 | Styleforum
St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread | Page 278 | Styleforum

You can see the difference. Vegano has more depth, and box is more uniform

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first TLB will probably be this one. I can't find a better value for this design.
109-PICASSO-BOXCALF-NEGROO-PAIR-SIDE_L.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads