• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 4

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loved that scene when Campbell was talking about the guilty and the innocent with his pregnant wife. I'm sure the man was grouping himself in with the former.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think pete's realization that everyone has skeletons is what led him to his decision

Gorthaur Melwasul

Reaction score
LEGENDARY episode.
Pryce's dad is the real deal. A Commander in chief. And Pryce is still a child.
Joan don't get the abortion and like someone predict it, she's gonna marry Roger.
Pete definitly grew up and is above Don now. It's the greatest evolution of the show.
Don tod his story to The sexy Doctor and she stayed. What a great change of pace for him.
But what the hell was the last scene ? He wants to bang his secretary or just send her see the Beatles with his daughter as they are "close"?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gorthaur Melwasul
LEGENDARY episode.
Pryce's dad is the real deal. A Commander in chief. And Pryce is still a child.
Joan don't get the abortion and like someone predict it, she's gonna marry Roger.
Pete definitly grew up and is above Don now. It's the greatest evolution of the show.
Don tod his story to The sexy Doctor and she stayed. What a great change of pace for him.
But what the hell was the last scene ? He wants to bang his secretary or just send her see the Beatles with his daughter as they are "close"?

Don had a "near miss" disaster where he could have been outed and his whole personal and professional life completely unravelled, up to and including going to prison. At the end, he feels like he's dodged a bullet. However, rather than changing him in any fundamental way, the last scene was there to remind you that the "true" Don is still alive and kicking. He will go right back to his old ways. He won't fess up. He won't fundamentally change. He's still the same old Don Draper. Notice that in that last scene in the office, he had gotten his swagger back and had returned to a fully confident Don, as contrasted with the Don in apartment having a panic attack and winding up in the fetal position being nursed by a woman. Don is back on the prowl.

downwithianbrown

Reaction score
yeah, exactly. He dodged a bullet and now he's looking for *****.

Only thing is, he told the planner chick and her dad is mobbed up. Be interesting to see what happens if he pulls some **** on her now that she knows his past.

I don't think Campbell surpassed Don in this episode. Maybe he remembered that once Peggy had done good by him and protected him from his lies so He figured he could buy his way into heaven by returning the favor tod Don. Who knows, but I definitely didn't see him taking command over Don. He pushed back a little, but in the end he blew a 4 million dollar account to be in Dons good graces.

Jekyll

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by downwithianbrown
I don't think Campbell surpassed Don in this episode. Maybe he remembered that once Peggy had done good by him and protected him from his lies so He figured he could buy his way into heaven by returning the favor tod Don. Who knows, but I definitely didn't see him taking command over Don. He pushed back a little, but in the end he blew a 4 million dollar account to be in Dons good graces.

No, he just knew they couldn't survive without Don. Even though we haven't seen him do any actual work recently, he's their big creative star. Without him no one would take SCDP seriously.

Pete has grown a lot. He and Peggy are the only two people who really have a future. Everyone else is fucked, whether they know it or not.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Campbell will do whatever it takes to ensure the agency's survival and via extension his. If that means taking rap for Draper, that's what he'll do. If it meant throwing Ms. Blankenship out the window, I'm pretty sure he would do that too. Sterling & Draper were smart to throw the partner carrot at him because look how motivated he is. For someone who was always looking for Draper's approval, I would've thought he'd crack a smile when Draper asked him to run the agency.

I do find it interesting that both Campbell and Peggy have shown up at Draper's flat to lecture him, and he didn't fight back.

Overall, I thought the episode was a bit busy - lot of things going on with Joan and Sterling, Sterling professional, Pryce personal, Campbell professional, Draper personal and professional. I'm hoping the last 3 episodes aren't going to be overloaded. Last season's finale worked because it was relatively focused (divorce, new agency).

I was wondering if they didn't have to get rid of North American Aviation, would Sterling have broached the topic that Lucky Strike is gone in the partners meeting? What's his plan? Calling up people in his rolodex until he gets 24M in billings again? Lucky Strike was 69% with Pond's when Rumsen showed up. Cosgrove might have brought it down to 50% along with Campbell's Vick Chemical. At the rate they are going, they'd need another year before it can be down below 30%.

Which old character could show up to save them? Sal? Don't think he'd have more than what Rumsen showed up with. Kinsey? Kurt and Smitty are too busy at Chaough. Too bad Duck Phillips pissed away all of his connections.

And the use of the f word is disconcerting. Sterling's known for his vicious sarcasm - you would have thought he'd be more artful at denigrating someone in the office. All the other curse words this season have been a bit out of touch too - I'd rather hear another "christ on a cracker" moment.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Faye isn't going to out Don.

I don't think Roger is going to pull the blackmail card on Lee Jr either.

I also agree with Joans daughter being made up. But given things I've seen read, her husband wasn't the first to take advantage of her. I feel like I read that Weiner writes her as being from Washington State, therefore fleeing her past etc.

random thought- the royalty payments AMC is paying this season have got to be stacking up... Satisfaction, Beatles,... I wonder who else they'll feature. I'm stoked about what might come of Mad Men should the story continue into 1967-8.

It's sad how if they do a mad-men style remake in 50 years they'll probably have to make mention of n sync or the effin jonas bros.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie

It's sad how if they do a mad-men style remake in 50 years they'll probably have to make mention of n sync or the effin jonas bros.

it'll be about a TV crew setting up some jackoff reality show

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I am calling this episode, "***** Revealed."

1) Don is a *****. Eff'ing man up. Puking like that? Taking crap from Campbell (of all people?) and then letting Campbell take his (Don's) **** from the other partners? Originally allowing the mistake to continue to get out of Korea early? *****.

2) Layne is a *****. Dad decks him and he rolls on the floor like that? The foot on the hand and not attempt to fight back? *****.

3) Roger is a *****. He was Lucky Strike's ***** for years and now he got dumped. Also, he's letting the company down, like a *****, by not telling them up front. I am wondering if he commits suicide. *****.

4) Campbell is a *****. The little talk about "the honest people?" Spare me, Peter. Go visit your kid. *****.

1) If you told that big of a lie and knew how absolutely fucked you'd be if you were found out, you'd for sure puke.

2) You grew up in North America so I don't expect you'd exactly understand that kind of father/son relationship.

3) I agree.

4) Always thought so, but Pete has Don to thank for a lot of ****, and I think in some ways it was an honorable move.

This show isn't the ******* Sopranos.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
1) Don is a *****. Eff'ing man up. Puking like that?

Those investigations can be extremely unpleasant.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
You all are missing one point. Don says to Pete that he (Don) can just disappear and Pete can run the agency and Pete says "Are you kidding?" In other words, Pete does not believe he can do it himself and/or believes that the aura of Don is necessary to the whole agency and with him gone it will sink. So Pete is not being purely altruistic or compassionate.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads