• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mad Men Season 4

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
What about the booze? Canadian Club featured prominently, but Roger poured a shot of what, vodka? Did anyone see that? I have a vague recollection of Stoli in a previous episode, but someone can clear this up probably...

Plus, they wouldn't let Roger order drinks after the first interview. A new work ethic?

Peggy's got Jameson's in her office.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think pointing out that Lucky is such a large % of their billings is a good way to get Cosgrove back.

Drakkar Jaune

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
I think pointing out that Lucky is such a large % of their billings is a good way to get Cosgrove back.

or Sal.
laugh.gif

borderline

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Peggy's got Jameson's in her office.
I rewatched the scene in Don's office, Roger is definitely drinking Stoli. During dinner for Don's date, he's drinking what could reasonably inferred to be an Old Fashioned, and she has, what? It is probably white wine, but could it also be a Martini with no olive?

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I said it before somewhere: I expect a major plotline this season will be the 1964 Surgeon General's report about the dangers of smoking. They are already setting that up with the remark about Lucky being 71% of their billings.
I could be wrong, but I don't think that plotline will come to fruition. Here's why: (1) The Surgeon General's report came out in January 1964, and we're already 11 months deep into 1964. One would have expected this to have already been addressed. (2) Plot-wise, we've been down this road before. In the first season (maybe the first episode), SC staff are dealing with the fallout from the Reader's Digest article, and the fact that they no longer can tout the health benefits of a particular brand of cigarette.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
"Bring her to Thanksgiving Dinner and if you like her you can stuff her."
Best line of the night. Best scene - the hookaah slapping Don Best dynamic - Don and Peggy. Frankly, that's really the only interesting relationship on the show right now.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
If the season began in November 1964, they skipped a TON of what I would have considered major events for folks @ a NY ad agency

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
A bit of sudden expertism on a Monday afternoon. Interesting even thought it doesn't directly address your question.

Hence my first post in this thread
laugh.gif

Those shockwaves found themselves to 2010. Good going big tobacco.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
"I learned my lesson: stay away from one-legged reporters." lol. Anyone notice that Henry can't bang Bettey in Don's bed - that he has to be in the car to get it up?Â
He also had to ask Bettie what to do as far as staying down Vs going up when Don was waiting for them in the living room. He's so emasculated.
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
"Believe me, everyone thinks this is temporary." he got served
Best line of the night. I'm interested in all the Bettie/family life now.

ektaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by borderline
I rewatched the scene in Don's office, Roger is definitely drinking Stoli.

During dinner for Don's date, he's drinking what could reasonably inferred to be an Old Fashioned, and she has, what? It is probably white wine, but could it also be a Martini with no olive?

White wine in 1964? Seems extremely early for that to be in a NY restaurant. Could have been white zin?
smile.gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice Don's date was the preacher's wife who had the hots for Jason Stackhouse?

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Anyone notice Don's date was the preacher's wife who had the hots for Jason Stackhouse?

yeah!! i couldn't get this scene out of my head after that

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

makes me want to go to the south and find a woman just like her

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
makes me want to go to the south and find a woman just like her
Texas, so I've been told.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower

also the woman who was nekkid onstage with harry potter on broadway some years ago... look it up there's pics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads