• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Luigi Borrelli MTM in Italy

Pink22m

Reaction score
I will be in Milan in about six weeks, and I am planning to visit the Borrelli boutique there. I was curious if anyone here had any experience purchasing Borrelli MTM in Italy, and then having the shirts delivered to your home in the U.S Are the prices any less expensive for MTM in Italy then MTM in the U.S? Additionally, I am wondering if the Borrelli in Milan has a minimum shirt order for MTM.

I recently purchased my first Borrelli shirt last July while in Venice, Italy at a small shop. I noticed the RTW shirts were a bit cheaper then the RTW shirts in the U.S I wonder, does this also hold true for the boutiques as well? Are the RTW shirts at the Borrelli boutiques in Italy less expensive then the ones in the U.S?

daniele6

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pink22m
I recently purchased my first Borrelli shirt last July while in Venice, Italy at a small shop.

Did you buy your shirt at Al Duca d'Aosta?

bryce330

Reaction score
I will be in Milan in about six weeks, and I am planning to visit the Borrelli boutique there. I was curious if anyone here had any experience purchasing Borrelli MTM in Italy, and then having the shirts delivered to your home in the U.S Are the prices any less expensive for MTM in Italy then MTM in the U.S? Additionally, I am wondering if the Borrelli in Milan has a minimum shirt order for MTM.

I recently purchased my first Borrelli shirt last July while in Venice, Italy at a small shop. I noticed the RTW shirts were a bit cheaper then the RTW shirts in the U.S I wonder, does this also hold true for the boutiques as well? Are the RTW shirts at the Borrelli boutiques in Italy less expensive then the ones in the U.S?

Yes, both MTM and RTW are significantly less expensive in Italy than in the US. Most of the RTW shirts in the boutiques are in the range of 210-240 Euros, although the fancier fabrics (Royal Collection, etc.) are quite a bit more expensive.

I forget how much the MTM program costs in Italy, but I know it's less than the US.

Also, there is no minimum MTM order at the Milan store (not sure about other locations).

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was curious if anyone here had any experience purchasing Borrelli MTM in Italy, and then having the shirts delivered to your home in the U.S

Even the best makers may/will need to modify your initial shirt(only one shirt should be made until there is agreement as to its fit) before the remainder of the order is fulfilled. This fitting process can sometimes require several fittings and is best done in the presence of the maker not by mail. Once your fit is established and put on file with the maker, all future orders may be made remotely(as long as your dimensions stay constant)

Pink22m

Reaction score
Did you buy your shirt at Al Duca d'Aosta?
Yes I did, how did you know?

Yes, both MTM and RTW are significantly less expensive in Italy than in the US. Most of the RTW shirts in the boutiques are in the range of 210-240 Euros, although the fancier fabrics (Royal Collection, etc.) are quite a bit more expensive.
I noticed this at Al Duca d'Aosta, as many of the Borrelli shirts there were around 200 Euros. I actually got mine on sale for 120 Euros!

I was also wondering if Kiton was the same way. I believe they also have a boutique in Milan.

Walter

Reaction score
Does this mean that getting a MTM Borrelli shirt for 180 Euros (as I was proposed) is actually a good deal?

Pink22m

Reaction score
Does this mean that getting a MTM Borrelli shirt for 180 Euros (as I was proposed) is actually a good deal?
Yes, I would consider a Borrelli MTM shirt for a mere 220 USD a very good deal. My Robert Talbott Best of Class custom shirts are that much, and they aren't nearly as nice as anything from Borrelli.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Borrelli Milano doesn't have a minimum order for their MTM program. After VAT refund, my shirts averaged US$250 delivered to Belgium. Order to delivery was nine weeks. The only issue you may run into is that Borrelli USA is under different ownership, and Borrelli Milano may or many not be willing to ship to the US given the pricing arbitrage.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Walter

Was this offer made by a retailer in Brussels? If so, I would greatly appreciate the details!

jjj8989

Reaction score
hello..

so has anyone got some Borrelli MTM shirts? i'm in london but am in milan regularly and i'm want to find a good shirtmaker that can copy some of my dior/givenchy shirts (but make them an even better fit)

thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads