• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Love handle help

john7

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 18, 5"6 1/2, waist 29" and i do kickboxing twice a week, along with ab excercises every other day.. i eat relatively healthy (except when i stuff my face with Haagen-Dazs Cookies and cream once a week) yet i have excess fat on my sides and it really gets me down. is there any way i can get rid of them? i also want to get a six pack, but i cant see it..i can feel it but there is like a layer of flab covering it. My friends can eat whatever the hell they want and still have six pack abs, but i have to work so hard and i still see nothing...everyone says i lost a lot of weight, but it just seems to have stayed on my sides and stomach!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your friends can't eat whatever they want and lose fat, just like you can't.

Get off your fat ass, stop stuffing it with junk food, and stick to a good exercise and diet plan.

If you want it, get off your fat ass, pull up your skirt, and just ********** it. Why are you coming here to cry about your ***** ****?

I don't mean that offensively, I just want you to realize that until you're willing to commit to really wanting it you'll never see it.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Sounds like you're fat, and you're not going to lose weight by binging on probably 3000kcal of junk once a week. Kickboxing twice a week... that doesn't even reach the minimum number of days of cardio to lose weight. Kick that up to 4-5 days and you'll see more results as soon as you put down the ice cream cone.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Sounds like you're fat, and you're not going to lose weight by binging on probably 3000kcal of junk once a week. Kickboxing twice a week... that doesn't even reach the minimum number of days of cardio to lose weight. Kick that up to 4-5 days and you'll see more results as soon as you put down the ice cream cone.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^. It's so simple I don't know why it's such a hard concept to get.

Jon.

Fat-Elvis

Reaction score
1. Do kickboxing at least twice as many days.

2. Doing ab exercises all the time won't do anything to get rid of the fat around your mid-section (or anywhere)

3. If you're serious about losing fat, try a low-carb diet. You need to be meticulous about it. High protein/fat, low carb/sugar. Drink nothing but water.

4. Put down the Haagen Daz. Although if you're strict about your diet otherwise, a little ice cream once a week is perfectly fine as a cheat meal.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, six-pack abs don't come without sacrifice and hard work. If it is important to you, you'll eventually get there. Good luck.

john7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Unfortunately, six-pack abs don't come without sacrifice and hard work. If it is important to you, you'll eventually get there. Good luck.

thanks for not being so ******* rude! i AM sick of it so i will try to work hard and kick the junk food. also, i dont think i am fat, i weigh 126 pounds. sorry if i came across as a moody ***** but i was really fed up of not knowing what to do so i thought i would post here. by the way, are there any ways to speed up metabolism?
blush.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
A combination of meth and running from the po-lice always worked for me. In speeding up your metabolism, you can incrementally increase it by eating more meals (3 meals with a snack on either side of lunch) and exercising more, but it wont make a noticable difference. Just burn more calories by exercising.

Mr T

Reaction score
Just keep at it. Bodies are different and yours likes to store fat over the obliques. The only thing to do is exercise more and eat a better diet. You may look worse before you look better as you continue to lose fat elsewhere - thus making your fat obliques even more obvious but eventually your body will be forced to use that fat store for fuel too.

Substitute the ice cream with low fat yogurt - but just one serving. If you have a serious mojo for ice cream just budget it into your diet once a month.

hi its chris

Reaction score
if you wanna lose fat i suggest doing a combo of push (bench press, squats, leg press etc) and pull (pull ups, rows, dead lifts etc). additionally w/ your diet you should limit carbs to the time after you lift until you obtain the level of fat loss you desire. make sure you dont under-eat too, because then your body will store fat.

neoweapon

Reaction score
You only weigh 126 pounds? I'm your height and weigh about 135 and my abs are almost showing...

What is your body fat percentage????? You should aim around 9 percent if you want the abs to show. BTW, i run about 10-13 miles a week with a strict diet and 3 hours of taekwondo.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
most above advice is good.

just do more exercise a week. dont look at it as 2x a week or 3x a week, if you see it that way,
if you happen to fulfill your 'quota' you psychologically think you can take a break the rest of the week.

just see exercise as a lifestyle. sure there will be times you can work out 6 days in one week. do it, if you have the time and the energy.
sometimes, you wont be able to workout at all that week. dont fret. just make it a mental check that exercise is constant in your life. not a quota filling chore for the week.

diet: this is key. you must keep a good diet. not meaning eat like a bird or such, although this will be a good primer/jump start if you want those 6 packs and obliques like AF models. dont eat junk,
but we all do binge on our favorite junk . try limiting that only to when you cannot keep yourself sane.
maybe once every 2 weeks. and when you do. dont eat 3000 calories of it. sometimes a good few tastes will be enough to satisfy.

most importantly, you will make failures. you eat a whole pizza and bucket of chicken?? dont get remorseful and guilty. just start over right away. keep at it.
there will be taking a step back but always try to take a step or two forward, and keep at it.

you cant get the six pack overnite. you have to work at it for months /years perhaps depending on your body.

those who got six packs didint get it overnite. they did it through hard work. ( of course, you never know what obsession they have over it to cloud over eveything else in their life)
but if it can be achieved overnite, everyone out there can have it.

and another thing:
your friends cannot eat anything they want and keep a six pack.

either:
they dont really have a six pack

or
they are hiding something from you..(i know several people from previous work and all over, women, mostly, who are thin and beautiful , but pretend in our faces they can eat anything. they cant. alot of them count their calories, eat a big slice of oily pizza or Big mac in our face , and starve that night so they can make it look like they can eat anything. trust me. alhtough , there are a few cases where they really can. then they are special and the envy of most.

moosy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by neoweapon
You only weigh 126 pounds? I'm your height and weigh about 135 and my abs are almost showing...

What is your body fat percentage????? You should aim around 9 percent if you want the abs to show. BTW, i run about 10-13 miles a week with a strict diet and 3 hours of taekwondo.

I am also confused, I am the same hight and 130 and I am not fat and have no love handles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads