• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lots of Sartoria Partenopea on ebay these days

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We all know the fascination many here have with SP ever since Ed introduced the line to many of us several years back. Since then, especially over the last couple years, there has been one principal ebay seller that carries the brand (morigimilano). Well I just went on ebay and noticed that the ebay seller sartoriale has jumped into the fray and has a LOT of SP pieces (nice ones!).

Are these older models that haven't sold in retail stores or are they new models, discontinued, etc.? I own a SP suit that I bought from Ed a few years back and to this day it's my favorite suit. I'd like to buy another similar one from the same line but have come to understand that the difference b/w the one I bought and what is being produced now is quite different.

Can anyone offer any insight?

TIA

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good question. I also noticed that some of the SP suits have a small amount of elastine (2-3%). What would be the reason for it? Are they meant to be travel suits?

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really solid stuff - I have an unstructured Partenopea for T&A SC that's really stellar! (In addition to a charcoal suit)

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Really solid stuff - I have an unstructured Partenopea for T&A SC that's really stellar! (In addition to a charcoal suit)

Well, it is basically Kiton

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A lot of it comes from Morgimilano...so I would assume its mostly current from him.

This is what it seems. I'm just curious about the construction/quality of the current SP offerings vs what they were several years ago when Ed first introduced the line.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see more of the line at better men's specialty stores around the country so I assume it is simply greater availability as a result of sales and excess inventory.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

PSG - where are you seeing SP in the bay area?

In the Bay Area at Wilkes Bashford. They had quite a nice trunk show for them last fall. They brought in a ton of beautiful bolts of fabric that were stacked up for MTM as well as having a lot of RTW. It was quite impressive. I don't recall seeing much on my last visit recently, but that may be because of the final sale and their remodeling.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

In the Bay Area at Wilkes Bashford. They had quite a nice trunk show for them last fall. They brought in a ton of beautiful bolts of fabric that were stacked up for MTM as well as having a lot of RTW. It was quite impressive. I don't recall seeing much on my last visit recently, but that may be because of the final sale and their remodeling.

What's the story with the final sale?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final Sale- just the end of the after Christmas sale with final markdowns.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The selection of SP in RTW last fall was quite limited.
Or maybe not to my taste.

Last edited:

foto010101

Reaction score
The items sold by Morigi Milano are relatively old stuff. This is obvious when one looks at the label in the inside of the jackets and coats he is selling. The old label was replaced by a purple coloured label a few years ago. According to SP the quality has not changed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads