• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Loopwheeler hoodies

ayn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Oldboy
The zippers on that Spruce hoody look super cool. What other brands use them?
They are RiRi's. Not sure who else uses them on hoodies... LW doesn't for sure, they use YKK. I saw some hoodies at Zara with zippers that look like those on the Spruce (but they are not RiRi's, just look almost the same if you don't look at them closely or feel them)...

ayn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jiomitori
On the sizing information for the Japanese LW site, it says the XS sweatshirts measure 54.0cm across the chest, which is over 21 inches, which is pretty big. Am I reading that wrong or are they really like that? I was hoping to get one but I'm like a 36 inch chest.

I have both the XS and S LW classic hoodies, if you're like 36" in the chest, the XS one should be fine. I haven't washed them though and I'm not sure if they shrink or not.

Antler4641

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ayn
I have both the XS and S LW classic hoodies, if you're like 36" in the chest, the XS one should be fine. I haven't washed them though and I'm not sure if they shrink or not.
Thanks so much for your help Ayn, that's exactly what I was looking for. If it wouldn't be too difficult for you to measure across the chest of both of those hoodies, that would be a great resource, and I think it would help other members of the forum too.

Babar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ayn
They are RiRi's. Not sure who else uses them on hoodies... LW doesn't for sure, they use YKK. I saw some hoodies at Zara with zippers that look like those on the Spruce (but they are not RiRi's, just look almost the same if you don't look at them closely or feel them)...

All Acne hoodies use Riri zippers, just FYI.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spruce is now wings and horns i believe. famous friends has the old spruce for sale from what i was told

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jedwards
anyone sell Spruce online?

thanks

(actually do they have a website?)

CYC has a website (don't remember the URL) as does Wings & Horns www.wingsandhorns.com . However, both are just splash pages.

Lots of Japanese sites have stuff online. However, in the States, I think that when Peasant (to be at www.peasantonline.com ) goes online, it will be the first stockist with W+H and Wings & Horns online, AFAIK.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted in the Buying/Selling Section, but thought it could be helpful here too:

Sorry to do this to anyone creeping on these items, but I want someone to pick them up before I end up getting them. Found two loopwheeler sweaters on ebay, both large, one grey and one marine.

Grey:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
a0_1.JPG

Marine:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
23_1.JPG

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jedwards

Reaction score
hey, love those ones you're selling. Trouble is Im an XL, or probably an XXL actually due to small Japanese sizing I would imagine.

Maybe I will save for the Loopwheeler one. Is it true they also "make to measure" or did I imagine that....?

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any where that anyone knows of that I can buy the LW zip up hoodie and non zip up hoodie in the usa or through anyone....does xcoldricex sell em
?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
Is there any where that anyone knows of that I can buy the LW zip up hoodie and non zip up hoodie in the usa or through anyone....does xcoldricex sell em
?

coldrice is back from japan, so i doubt he has any to sell

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
?

2000db is offering something..not sure if he can get you LW hoodies tho

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads