• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looks too fruity... even to an SF'er

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
I stand, er, sit, corrected.

Also known as a Fancy tie.

Gutman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
Skinny jeans.

Originally Posted by RUSSBHEEZ
Skinny jeans and short sleeve dress shirts.

Skinny jeans are fruity? Only if they are skinnier than the wearer...

Originally Posted by stylesmurf
Those popped collars were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO popular back when I was in jhs/hs. Sure brings back some memories.

Farm boys around here pop their airtex collars, for the fairly practical reason of not getting badly sunburnt. Leave it on the farm I say...

Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
Pierre-Corthay_Mesure_FullBrogue-NoirDore(c)Alberto_Martinez.jpg

Maybe the office Christmas party? Still fruity though.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Pastel gallopava bootees.............
1928.jpg

........., perhaps not?

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those slippers (whatever they are called) binge was wearing in his last photo are definitely too fruity for me.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PocketCircle
Those slippers (whatever they are called) binge was wearing in his last photo are definitely too fruity for me.

wow.gif
Your world is entirely too small, my good friend. Those were da bomb.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
This reminded me of:

"My friend went...to find you a tighter shirt".
"There isn't a tighter shirt. We checked!"
(Yeah) (fist bump)​
I must have rewound that 40 times.

This reminds me of that thread from a year or so ago - the photos of the kids at the prom in Brooklyn or Queens where some of them had those ghastly tans.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
wow.gif
Your world is entirely too small, my good friend. Those were da bomb.

+1. I would love to have such a pair.

I. Gentantithesis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mild Mannered
At first glance I thought those shoes were made from a Coelacanth..

coelacanth_3.jpg

Ahaah! Coelacanthus has been extinct these past trillions of years, Arty ol' sport. Tis Gouldishly scientific, not subject to debate, fact, predated ambiogenesis, eh what! Your image is obviously the devilishly clever contrivance, no doubt making extensive use of velcro and evolutionary fantasy grammar school artistry, of the inscrutable Fhotodoktor Foo, Esquire, as he's conspicuously evident in yon neoprene raiment noir. Pull the wool over I.'s eyes? Nae laddie.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IndianBoyz
It isn't, Corthay makes fine shoes.

Are you saying gays don't wear high quality shoes?
eh.gif

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Yeah, can't do ascots. Can't do specs, either. Natural canvas and leather, maybe; high-contrast versions, no.

SF has helped convince me to work brighter colors into my summer wardrobe, but I began to feel a bit camp, so I'm toning it down.

+1. But I actually saw a pair of canvas+leather specs in a shopwindow the other day, that looked very nice. But then I thought that I'd better not spend EUR350 on a pair of shoes that I was not sure of being able to do. One thing is seeing them in the shopwindow. Another thing is actually doing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads