• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for jacket/pea coat like this Dior

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
I'd say you could buy almost any double-breasted womans coat and have it altered. I am probably thinking more about $$$ than fashionability though.

robbie

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
won this one on yahoojapan for $35. it is a dior rip off one. not sure of the quality or weight, but for 35, i could test the waters.

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d71842036

will tell you how it fits in a few days, it's finally in the mail.

i'm more excited about this guy though

372aazx0.jpg

mass

Reaction score
polyrock is (or was) selling that coat on superfuture. he cut off the left row of buttons. i love how they took a photo of it on a dior homme hanger too.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mass
polyrock is (or was) selling that coat on superfuture. he cut off the left row of buttons. i love how they took a photo of it on a dior homme hanger too.

no different coat. that was just a regular cropped peacoat, still for sale. this is a cropped trench. i'll give some more info when i get it, still haven't seen it yet.

mass

Reaction score
oh oops. i didn't even realize you made that original post. heh...

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
excuse the lighting, and focus, i had to sharpen the **** out of these b/c my camera is an archaic canon for now. finally got my order from japan. took a while b/c of a yahoo mixup. and the shoes i bought don't fit, so those will be up for sale very shortly.

493812468_24eb089c93.jpg
493834613_24a3f15d88.jpg

this one is probably the closest you're looking for. it was like $38 bux plus shipping/commision. I really like this coat, maybe have to take the sleeves up a bit, but it's slouchy now and come winter will be perfect for layers underneath.
493834435_7698061388.jpg
493812406_04be532190.jpg

493812174_0af530b49a.jpg
493812304_fcc16c95f4.jpg

cropped trench is by a company called lazy daisies. it runs really short in length. a bit more than i expected. Might be up for sale.

everything except the first coat was less than $40 each. the first one ran about $60 or so. but the lining of the first one is a really strange velvety leathery type material, don't know what it is exactly.

but if you're looking for a straight knockoff of dior, go with yahoo japan. Although b/c of the size you're looking for, it might be impossible to find it as they all fit slim.

just go to yahoo auctions and type dior homme or something, even if it's not exactly the one you want, if you search the seller's other options, you'll find something you do like.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
but if you're looking for a straight knockoff of dior, go with yahoo japan. Although b/c of the size you're looking for, it might be impossible to find it as they all fit slim.

just go to yahoo auctions and type dior homme or something, even if it's not exactly the one you want, if you search the seller's other options, you'll find something you do like.

Poly, can you help a brother out and link me to something that will catch me up to speed on how a gaijin like myself can navigate Yahoo Japan, etc?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jkester

Reaction score
Thanks for the help -- especially Poly -- that second jacket is dead on. I'm not sure if i can fit into a lot of the japanese stuff, i'm pretty slim, but my shoulders might not make it. I'm a Japanese minor so I can put it to use on yahoo japan
smile.gif
Thanks again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads