1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for good cotton fabric

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Makoto Chan, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

Perhaps there is not such a big difference between "good" and "bad" cotton fabric for suiting as there is for wool, but can anyone suggest a place to ask for samples/order fabric for the tailor? I want to order a cotton suit or two from Peter Lee in Hong Kong next year. I could just ask for his own samples, but perhaps you all know better. I want to make a tan twill suit, and am particular about getting exactly the right color.

For what it's worth, I sure notice a difference in quality between good and bad cotton chinos. My BB Advantage Milano chinos are by far the best. They don't have a "non-wrinkle" label, but they are very soft and tend not to wrinkle up after a typical day. So, I wish I could find something like this.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. Makoto Chan

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

Maybe most here have a relationship with their cutter such that they trust him.... ?

4. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I've had good luck with cotton fabrics from Holland & Sherry. I also think it is worth speaking with Peter Lee and seeing if there is a cloth he likes working with. Also make sure that you really want to pay to have a cotton suit made up. It tends to be a lot of labor for inexpensive fabric that doesn't last as long as wool.

5. Makoto Chan