• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for APC or Nudie

Reaction score
hey im looking for a pair of

Nudie SSDS
or

Nudie RRDS

or

some type of APC straight fit

raw selvage denim that would fit me.

i generally wear 34/35 x 32 , im cool with 34 length

anybody have anything?

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i have some apc english -- measurement are as followed (measured Blue in Green style

waist: 18in or 45.6cm
front rise: 11in or 29.2cm
back rise: 15in or 38.1cm
upper thigh" 13in or 33cm
inseam: 36.5in or 91.5cm
hem: 9.75in or 24cm

they are labeled 33. i soaked them in warm water when i first got them to shrink them but they didn't shrink really, or lose any indigo. however i think if you had put them through a real wash they would def shrink a little bit bc these were supposed to be a replacement for a size 31 that i bought that shrank too small for me after i washed em. the hem can be shortened by any loacl tailor bc it isn't chainstitched.

these are really great jeans and a much better cut than the rescues in my opnion. the english's have a straighter hip and absolutely no taper. if they weren't too big for me i would wear them all the time bc i LOVE how apc's fade. let me know if your still interested

Reaction score
so would their fit be comparable to nudie ssds? how long were they worn? could u send me some pics?

and i have never bought APC, im a noob, only have a pair of RRL right now, but how is the sizing? not true to fit im guessing? could u tell me what actual waist size they are?

Reaction score
i just want to make sure they arent too tight or too baggy, just reg 'ol straight fit. will these be good game?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Well, they're actually a tapered jean, and will seem tight at first but stretch out and be a slim fit and not too tight or baggy. It's hard to explain unless you see it because if you've never seen them stretched it seems like i'm lying. Look in the what are you wearing now thread in streetwear and denim. Just keep looking for people in apcs. Drizzt posted a pair of his apc new standards a day or two ago. There are plenty others. After they stretch they're a pretty slim but not overly pair of jeans.

Reaction score
yea i know they stretch, im in my first pair of rrl, and i was skeptical cuz when i first put them on i could only get two buttons up and now they are fine. but i dont want taper at the knees or any type of flair, just straight down the side. thnx for ur help.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don't you get some SSDS or Kicking Mule 1980s from Denimbar. With our discount (just ask for the Styleforum discount) they are about $210 apiece or something. Or maybe Rag & Bone RB6. They are all true straughtlegs, with no taper from knee to hem, but have different fits and feels. If you are new to this, I really recommend that you go with a place where you can do exchanges. Otherwise, you could easily be FUBARed.

Reaction score
i just dont have that kinda cash right now. i guess i could save up but i just cant feel good about spending more than 100 at most 150 on jeans. -__-"

but u know i didnt know we get discounts on nudies at denimbar too, i thought it was just apc.
well i guess if i cant find nething for cheap, i'll prob end up going for the ssds just cuz i really really want those.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
My mistake then. Then yea, like LA Guy said, the Straight Sven Dry Selvage should be perfect. Haven't tried on the kicking mules before, but the svens are nice. Straight Svens are about $180. Ande Whall Cougars are about $170. I'm not sure how much you could get non selvage svens for from denimbar. APC Rescues are a pure straight leg but a bit wider of a cut than the new standard.

Reaction score
we can get ssds for 180?! cuz they retail for like 250 ish dont they? the non selvage ones are the ones for 185 retail. right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads