• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a nice cap

Wh0l3

Reaction score
I'm about to shave my head soon and I want a nice baseball hat. I have no idea really where to start, probably something plain, ideally a blank raw denim cap would be nice. You guys have any ideas?

-Thanks

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who has shaved his head for the past decade, you do realize 90% of people with shaved heads look like cancer patients with baseball hats on right?

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think men with shaved heads look better with a straw type hat. I think baseball caps just look blah.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Honestly I think men with shaved heads look better with a straw type hat. I think baseball caps just look blah.

It's just very hard to make the average baseball cap look stylish since most people who wear them look like Old Navy clad slobs. Being honest, I like the way a backwards baseball hat frames my face and I get lots of good looks when I do it, its just not a style I really want to impress on people. Especially since its hard not to look like Fred Durst.

If you must, I'd say high quality, 100% wool is a must. Top of the World was doing some gray flannel throwback hats a few years ago that were pretty sharp. Unless its vintage I'd stear clear of sports team logo hats.

Black Cherry is one of the few people here I have seen properly rock a baseball cap.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
LA fitted

Wh0l3

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting this one
!BPMQutwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-EQEjlLluvvMBJyYHdgf!Q~~_1.JPG
as a skateboarder I've always liked Vision and it's not a brand you see everyday like Element and DC also I probably won't wear it too often, I've just always wanted to be able to wear a hat as I have really thick hair and I get the worst hat hair.

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wh0l3
I was thinking of getting this one
!BPMQutwBGk~$(KGrHgoH-EQEjlLluvvMBJyYHdgf!Q~~_1.JPG

as a skateboarder I've always liked Vision and it's not a brand you see everyday like Element and DC

also I probably won't wear it too often, I've just always wanted to be able to wear a hat as I have really thick hair and I get the worst hat hair.

As a 34 year old who still skates I have one major thing to add. Vision sucks.

Beyond that, a trucker hat provides very little protection from the sun. Go for something with full coverage. Nothing on earth sucks more than a sunburned head.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have something like this, http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...IES&prepushId= I like these a lot more that a regular cap, especially if you're in your 30's, this type looks better on an older guy that a regular baseball cap, can be dressed up or down too, I have these in dark brown, meduim grey and navy, I'm not bald or have a shaved head but I love wearing hats and also helps with the weather up here in fall/winter time

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
www.ballcap.com

They claim to make accurate reproductions of various historic caps. Looks good.

Crap website but the product looks cool.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
As a 34 year old who still skates I have one major thing to add. Vision sucks.

Beyond that, a trucker hat provides very little protection from the sun. Go for something with full coverage. Nothing on earth sucks more than a sunburned head.

You could go git yerself one of these here caps fer free at the local seed and grain elevator.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads