• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

London, Wedding Dress

awessimo

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m getting married next year and I’m looking for a suit for the ceremony. I’m in London, UK.

I’m thinking of a classic 2-piece navy suit, under £600, which I can then use for many other occasions. I’m 6’4” and 200 lbs. Initially considering Suit Supply though I’d welcome other options.

What would you recommend?

Thank you!

ysc2

Reaction score
Under £600 your best bet probably is Suit Supply, in the London shops they generally know what they are about and are helpful if a little pushy. They will often want to alter a suit to be too slim but you can dissuade them.

The other option might be Natalino, smaller range of styles and sizes but they look nice and have a good reputation. They were online only but are opening their first shop later this month somewhere in London.

There are not a lot of other (good) options at that price unless you get something on sale. Ede & Ravenscroft night be in that price range at sale in Jan, if you don't mind something very UK traditional/old fashioned.

ysc2

Reaction score
Thank you very much @ysc2 what about with a higher price say sub £1000?
So I was wondering this myself recently, not having bought a suit in ~10 years and finding I urgently needed one as a wedding guest.

The answer is still not as many options as you would hope. Or at least not as many good ones. There are a few "modern" MTM options from the OK looking Custom Fitters and Beggards run to the terrible looking Dress2Kill. Not tried any of them. Suit Supply MTM is OK and under £1000.

Otherwise lots of brands are accessible at that price but are probably not worth it unless they are on sale - Ralph Lauren etc.

Depending on when the wedding is it might be worth going down Jermyn Street and Bond Street etc. during the sales and seeing if you find anything good before buying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads