• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone in the UK is interested in these I am offering them for what I paid until I get a chance to return them to the shop.

These were to be a gift but were the wrong size. Lovely boots for the price, compare very well to my Crockett & Jones Coniston's!

UK 9 G 026 Last

Loake Montgomery Derby Boots UK 9 G 026 Last | Styleforum

IMG_E9766.JPG
IMG_E9767.JPG
IMG_E9768.JPG
IMG_E9770.JPG
IMG_E9771.JPG
IMG_E9772.JPG
IMG_E9773.JPG
IMG_E9774.JPG

Chessman

Reaction score
Hi all,
just after some sizing advice.
Can anyone comment on how Loakes River last compares to Carminas Rain last? Currently wearing 6UK in Carmina Rain and 314 of C&J but there’s nowhere for me to try Loakes 1880 footwear where I live unfortunately.
Any advice would be much appreciated!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if anyone in the UK is interested in these I am offering them for what I paid until I get a chance to return them to the shop.

These were to be a gift but were the wrong size. Lovely boots for the price, compare very well to my Crockett & Jones Coniston's!

UK 9 G 026 Last

Loake Montgomery Derby Boots UK 9 G 026 Last | Styleforum

View attachment 1720741 View attachment 1720742 View attachment 1720743 View attachment 1720744 View attachment 1720745 View attachment 1720746 View attachment 1720747 View attachment 1720748

I'd be all over these if 8.5G.

Braid

Reaction score
I have been eyeballing some Loake boots, the Roehampton and the Bedale. Of the two I can see the Roehampton with a suit but could you wear the bedale with a suit in the oxblood grain leather fully polished? Would love some input.
View attachment 1751678 View attachment 1751679
None of them is really a dress boot, they are both fairly casual: open lacing, grain leather, metal eyelets and storm welt make both boots casual.

If you plan to wear these mainly with suits I would look for something different entirely.

dlazaros

Reaction score
None of them is really a dress boot, they are both fairly casual: open lacing, grain leather, metal eyelets and storm welt make both boots casual.

If you plan to wear these mainly with suits I would look for something different entirely.
Thanks for your input. I agree so I better narrow it down to a more "business" style that dressy. I am comfortable wearing boots with a suit or smart casual business attire with styles like the Carlos santos Brogue boot gladiator so thought that the Loake Roehampton maybe a complementary style in a cap toe in my arsenal.
8922-10_2048x.jpg

Braid

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I agree so I better narrow it down to a more "business" style that dressy. I am comfortable wearing boots with a suit or smart casual business attire with styles like the Carlos santos Brogue boot gladiator so thought that the Loake Roehampton maybe a complementary style in a cap toe in my arsenal.
View attachment 1751747
I am not sure to understand what you are looking for exactly. Are you looking for a pair of boots to wear mainly with suits? If that is the case even this CS seems too casual for that and I would look for something much smarter like a Balmoral boot or at least a sleek Chelsea.

If instead you are looking for a versatile pair of boots to wear mainly with casualwear and that on rare occasion you would want to wear with suits than you could get away with something less dressy and have more options.

dlazaros

Reaction score
I am not sure to understand what you are looking for exactly. Are you looking for a pair of boots to wear mainly with suits? If that is the case even this CS seems too casual for that and I would look for something much smarter like a Balmoral boot or at least a sleek Chelsea.

If instead you are looking for a versatile pair of boots to wear mainly with casualwear and that on rare occasion you would want to wear with suits than you could get away with something less dressy and have more options.
Since you are polite and helpful let me explain. I currently work in a corporate setting, sales, with a lot of out and about responsibility. I have owned shoes by Charles Tyrwhitt like the attached brogue boot. A while ago they were made by Loake but now I don't know who the current manufacturer is so I am looking for options. I do not wear shoes, never have, never will. I am the type of man that likes his ankle's covered. So I venture into the Chukka and ankle boot territory to find a versatile boot that I can wear with a suit but not in a formal setting that can even work when wearing pants and jacket without a tie. :)
SHB0265BLK_FRONT.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads