• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's odd, another CS retailer here does offer MTOs (8 pairs minimum).

If that's the case, would there be interest in an Export Grade MTO through this mysterious retailer? Would be cool to make a unique makeup in Export Grade standards (double monk, chukka, etc...).

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't found an answer for this query, the same that I have now. I am interested in the Loake Mitchum but I don't know how much do I have to downsize.

Thanks in advance for your comments or advise. :)
Any experience with the sizing and fit of the Legend last?

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Loake has made shoes with shell cordovan? Couldn't find anything online.

Aznavour

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Loake has made shoes with shell cordovan? Couldn't find anything online.

No, they don't. You would have to go a couple of steps up the Northampton makers' price ladder to get cordovan, to the likes of Crockett and Jones. Best chance of getting 'budget' cordovan might be a Meermin MTO or an Allen Edmonds factory second, both of which appear only occasionally.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Burford, rubber soled, Loakes. Is it possible to have them resoled with a leather? I am not keen on the rubber soles even though I have had them for a couple of years. The rubber soles feel a bit too 'light' with what are fairly heavyweight shoes. Thanks and best wishes, Munky.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for these points guys. It is also my experience that Dainite rubber soles are lighter than leather ones. Yours, Munky.

TheForeigner

Reaction score
Took more than two months since I ordered them from Sweden, but I blame the Kazakh customs. Finally they’re here, the Loake 1880 Avon
D523C0D4-D28F-4402-B6D8-8A9677D1F4A7.jpeg
BC8CEA3E-6F79-4A5E-B61C-290DEC104EF9.jpeg

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am about to embark on an uncontrolled experiment, with my 4 year old Chester's. I am going to France, next week and only have room for the shoes I will be wearing. Thus, I will be wearing my Chesters for seven days, without rotation. Does life get more exciting? I will be taking a microfibre cloth with me, to dust them off every day. I haven't had them repaired so far, but they are beginning to get a bit thin at the toe of the sole. I will report back if the shoes finally shed their soles. What fun! Yours, Munky. :eek:

Last edited:

josef1

Reaction score
I am about to embark on an uncontrolled experiment, with my 4 year old Chester's. I am going to France, next week and only have room for the shoes I will be wearing. Thus, I will be wearing my Chesters for seven days, without rotation. Does life get more exciting? I will be taking a microfibre cloth with me, to dust them off every day. I haven't had them repaired so far, but they are beginning to get a bit thin at the toe of the sole. I will report back if the shoes finally shed their soles. What fun! Yours, Munky. :eek:

Would love to see some before and after pics! Good luck!

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would love to see some before and after pics! Good luck!

Thanks, josef1. I don't have the means of taking photos before but I might be able to get one after! Yours. M.

MrJohnFrose

Reaction score
I will probably get a lot of hate for bringing these up :

Had the chance to purchase a cheap pair of Loake Design range cap toes and I am very curious to see how they hold up.

I am far from naive, I do realise that they are Asian made and the leather quality is, visibly, inferior. However they are Goodyear welted and feel somewhat heavy and sturdy.

I believe in giving chances and being open minded when it comes to budget sartorial choices, is there anyone here wishing to share their experience ?

Best wishes

20180412_180329.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads