• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a slight difference between them, but it's not huge. I only got them six weeks ago, and I am slowly working on polishing them to make them consistent. I got them as factory seconds. Anyway, here they are. The left shoe is slightly darker than the right. (They now have shoe trees in them! I took this on the day I got them). View attachment 804958

Yes, I could get Loake's brown and mahogany polishes, but I'm not in the UK at the moment, which is why I've been asking.

Yes, the difference between them isn't very noticeable, which is good! If you can't access Loake polishes, why not try another company's products to check the difference between two shades of brown? Saphir even do a, quite clever, chart to help distinguish between different colours and shades. Otherwise, any company that stocks the brown range should be able to help you. I hope it all works out well, which I am sure it will. Best wishes, Munky.

thomms

Reaction score
My third Loake..
IMG_0929.JPG

Itoigawa1880

Reaction score
Hello - New member to the forum, although I've lurked for a few months now. My interest in shoes brings me to the forum and I now have a feeling that I should contribute as opposed to just reading from afar. I'm a big fan of Loake's 1880 range, which is why I'm kicking off my first post here, and will look to share as much of my collection over the coming weeks and months. Today we have the Cadogan's in black with the Dainite sole.

DSC_0003.JPG

Regards for now.

Last edited:

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
@vim147

I just got a pair of Aldwych and a pair of AE Park ave.

Out of curiousity (if you have tried any of the above) how does the quality and overall impression of these compare to the Church you own?

Thanks!

vim147

Reaction score
@vim147

I just got a pair of Aldwych and a pair of AE Park ave.

Out of curiousity (if you have tried any of the above) how does the quality and overall impression of these compare to the Church you own?

Thanks!

Cant really answer that question. Ive not seen the aldwych or park ave in person. The church shoes i have are pre-prada which i bought used off eBay. My churchs are on the 73/173 last which are bit rounded. I think they would be all good shoes however if i was buying new i'd go with the aldwych because they are half the price of the churchs.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello - New member to the forum, although I've lurked for a few months now. My interest in shoes brings me to the forum and I now have a feeling that I should contribute as opposed to just reading from afar. I'm a big fan of Loake's 1880 range, which is why I'm kicking off my first post here, and will look to share as much of my collection over the coming weeks and months. Today we have the Cadogan's in black with the Dainite sole.

Regards for now.
Nice! Keep sharing with us! Welcome!

aj805

Reaction score
Hello--

Hopefully this is the appropriate thread for this sizing query. I am interested in getting a pair of Loake Hyde boots. I am usually a 9.5 UK (sometimes a 9) in medium width. I have read that I should size up a half size for these boots, and other accounts that I should instead size down. Can anyone provide some experienced clarification on the sizing?

Thanks

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello--

Hopefully this is the appropriate thread for this sizing query. I am interested in getting a pair of Loake Hyde boots. I am usually a 9.5 UK (sometimes a 9) in medium width. I have read that I should size up a half size for these boots, and other accounts that I should instead size down. Can anyone provide some experienced clarification on the sizing?

Thanks

What boots and last?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads