1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by wurger, Jul 8, 2013.

1. ShooIn

ShooIn Active Member

Tried a pair of tan semi brogues, the Trinity I think, at Brogue trader in Cardiff, they are very nice indeed at the price. Brogue Trader have a mirror polished pair on their twitter feed today. I believe they stock more models from the range at the Loake shop in Bath.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. il_colonnello

il_colonnello Senior member

Picture of my Jones brogues, now 3 years old. Holding up not bad at all for a pair of shoes that cost 115 euros at the time and hardly ever gets shined or otherwise taken care of... :)

[​IMG]

3. Munky

Munky Senior member

That's odd! I was in the Brogue Trader the other day. They showed me a lot of new lines but not the Export Quality ones. I am a regular visitor and one of their "6 pairs club". I am going that way to today and will pop in and see them! Sincerely yours, Munky.

4. ShooIn

ShooIn Active Member

I thought it was likely you knew them when I posted. I don't think they can carry the full line as they are an independent, but their Loake branches do so I think. I asked specifically about the Export line and they happened to have a couple of pairs in. Here is the twitter pic they had yesterday. I'm hoping to get the the sixth pair shortly!

[​IMG]

5. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

Uuuuufff! That Adelaide looks very very nice!

6. Munky

Munky Senior member

7. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

I saw that adelaide in the Jermyn St store this week and it looks great, beautiful colour.

However, x-post from boots and rock your socks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  8. Odradek

Odradek Senior member

Has anyone here got a pair of Loake Sloane, the brown and cream version?
    Hard to find any decent photos of them online. Non-studio, out in the real world photos anyway.

This was the best I could find, but it doesn't really capture the colour too well.

[​IMG]

9. tom_s252

tom_s252 Active Member

[​IMG]

My new Redgraves. They're not quite sure if they're town or country, but I rather like them.

2 people like this.
  10. Munky

Munky Senior member

Lovely shoes! I particularly like brogues, in tan and other colours. I have quite a few pairs and I wear them anywhere and everywhere. Kind regards, Munky.

11. jhwendland

jhwendland Senior member

I noticed that you already responded to someone else's question about sizing for these, but I thought I'd ask the question again.

From what I've gathered, the general consensus seems to be that these run slightly large. Is that correct? For whatever reason, East Dane suggests sizing 1/2 size up, whereas most reviews I've come across suggest sizing at least 1/2 size down.

For what it's worth, all my Allen Edmonds shoes are size 11 (US) and my Grenson shoes are size 10 1/2 (UK). Is ordering the Mitchum in a 10 a safe bet?

I'm not a member of the shoe cognoscenti so I couldn't tell you a thing about the lasts for my AE and Grenson shoes.

1 person likes this.
  12. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

I sized down a half size from my typical UK size with no issues. Chelsea boots will be looser since you cant lace them down.

13. JUAN MANUEL

JUAN MANUEL Senior member

Muddy

Those Hyde boots are in my bucket list. I am a tad afraid that they are not wide enough to acomodate my feet. Do you have other Loakes? How do they fit?

Best regards

Juan Manuel

1 person likes this.
  14. muddy250

muddy250 Senior member

Hi Juan,

I have Chesters in 7, a little tight on the toes until stretched and Haydock (discontinued) boots in 7 same story, and wider than average feet.
    I went up 1/2 size for the Hyde.

Chris

15. Carl1955

Carl1955 Senior member

16. Munky

Munky Senior member

Yes, I got this invitation, too. It looks like being a great thing to do and I think I will put myself in the hat! Hope you are well and enjoying your local Loake shop! Yours, Munky.

17. Carl1955

Carl1955 Senior member

I'm fine thanks Munky, ( I hope you are too?)

Bought my first pair of Vass shoes last week - http://www.styleforum.net/t/130044/...ictures-reviews-sizing-etc/20880#post_8814866

This shoe thing can get addictive don't you think!!

Best Wishes

Carl.

1 person likes this.
  18. Munky

Munky Senior member

Yes, I am well, thanks. Those Vass shoes are beautiful! I really like blue shoes and those look wonderful. Yes, shoes are certainly addictive. I have 16 pairs at the moment, although I know that many on here will have far, far, more. I have also developed a liking for hats and now have 10 of those. Mostly from Christys. All the best, Munky.

19. gj555

gj555 Senior member

Anyone have a pair of Loake Buckingham in Tan to post so I can see them on feet? Loakes have been Impossible to find for a good price in Canada (since the export ban) but there are now a bunch on sale locally online. Only a few styles in my size. I ordered online the Buckingham (tan) over the Aldwych (black) since my last pair that I purchased (Strand) was in black.

20. Munky

Munky Senior member

I saw the new Export Quality Loakes, today. They certainly do seem to be a step up from their other 1880s. They are more finely made than their older partners (I know some people who are like this!). I still don't understand the business plan, though. They are about the same price as regular 1880s when you factor in the 'free' shoe trees that go with them. Loake shoe trees, on their own, are around the £40 mark. Try to get a look at them, though! Respectfully yours, Munky.

2 people like this.