• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shiroang

Reaction score
Just a heads up, there's 20% off all Loake models at Robinsons Shoes.
(Cause I just purchased a Loake Cannon in dark brown
biggrin.gif
)

Last edited:

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Swedish Loake site also has these "Berkeley" shoes on the 1639 last, and I can find no mention of them on the UK site.

Mahogany grain leather with a Dainite sole.

And, speaking of European Loake sites, I've just discovered they also have a Polish website.
http://blog.loakepolska.pl

I have just seen these in my local shoe shop, here in the UK. I think they are a new Loake line. Although they are well made, I thought they looked better in your photo than in real life!

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Swedish Loake site also has these "Berkeley" shoes on the 1639 last, and I can find no mention of them on the UK site.

Mahogany grain leather with a Dainite sole.

And, speaking of European Loake sites, I've just discovered they also have a Polish website.
http://blog.loakepolska.pl

Hoggs of Fife have a Loake pebble grain long wing under their own brand. You can tell it is Loake from the join on the inside.

https://www.fifecountry.co.uk/footwear/mens/british-handmade-shoes/kenmore-longwing-brogue-4155

Last edited:

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hi Munky

Which shop in the UK had these?, I emailed Loake in Sweden and got the following reply.

Filip Hallerfelt <[email protected]>
To
Carl Southall

Dec 16 at 1:39 PM
Hi Carl!
Thanks for you email. Unfortunately this model is only available in one store in Sweden and they do not shop to UK. Sorry!

Best Regards,
Filip Hallerfelt
+46 708 75 28 94
Loake Sweden, Norway, Finland
www.loake.se
http://fb.com/LoakeSverige
Instagram: @loakesverige

Regards

Carl.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Munky

Which shop in the UK had these?, I emailed Loake in Sweden and got the following reply.

Filip Hallerfelt <[email protected]>
To
Carl Southall

Dec 16 at 1:39 PM
Hi Carl!
Thanks for you email. Unfortunately this model is only available in one store in Sweden and they do not shop to UK. Sorry!

Best Regards,
Filip Hallerfelt
+46 708 75 28 94
Loake Sweden, Norway, Finland
www.loake.se
http://fb.com/LoakeSverige
Instagram: @loakesverige

Regards

Carl.

Hello Carl. I saw them, today, at The Brogue Trader, in Cardiff.

Carl1955

Reaction score
Hello Carl. I saw them, today, at The Brogue Trader, in Cardiff.
Hi Munky

Thanks for that, we've got a Brogue Trader in Chester so I'll pop in and see them there, I did also email Loake UK regarding those shoes but never got a reply.

Best Wishes

Carl.

Munky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something I had forgotten. A few years ago, having bought my Chester's, I seemed to have been a bit too heavy on the Saphir Renovator, or some other cleaner/conditioner. I managed to rub off the burnishing. Today, there are doing well but have a uniform, tan, colour. Just a thought.

Eis

Reaction score
It's an error on Gilt. I ordered the 9.5US, but I got a 9.5UK. I returned it. However, the 8.5US (which is actually 8.5UK) appeared (someone must have returned it), and I bought it immediately. Even with conversion to CAD, it's a good deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics