• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LL Bean + Rogues Gallery = LL Bean Signature

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice reviews ... of course options from yuketen, quoddy, russel are always BETTER but it will cost you. i own quoddy and yuks and love them to death and will always continue to buy again

but for those who can't afford or don't want to shell out so much for this type of footwear, i think ll bean is a GREAT alternative to any of those in this price point ie sperry, bass, cole haan, sebago, timberland, etc. ESPECIALLY with stackable coupons that come often

ts18

Reaction score
Hi
thanks for posting those photos which really helps me alot.
You said There is plenty of room in the forefoot.
So will you take a half size smaller if you can choose again.thanks

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ts18
Hi
thanks for posting those photos which really helps me alot.
You said There is plenty of room in the forefoot.
So will you take a half size smaller if you can choose again.thanks

no just use your jack purcell sizing. I bought a 9.5D and it fits the same lenghtwise only there is more room in the forefoot compared to the LL bean signature workboot though.

so lengthwise its true to size when comparing jack purcell sizing.

Potatowned

Reaction score
I picked up the Ranger Mocs. Anyone have any pics of how they are wearing them? I keep getting my pant cuff stuck on the tab in the back. Makes it look like I am wearing paratrooper pants or something.

fiestaplatypus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RangerP
I'm looking to purchase a new pair of boat shoes but I've already had Sperry's and Sebago's with mixed results. I don't want to get anything too pricey because I destroy these shoes in the summer. What are your opinions on something like the Maine Standard Moc as a substitute: http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505905 Quality? Worth the money?
I picked up the Maine Standard Mocs in Chocolate during the recent 30% off sale. They seem to be pretty decent quality to me. Stitchwork seems to have been done by hand, and the leather is sturdy without being too thick. The leather does not have a plastic-like feel to it, as has been mentioned with the cordovan color. Picked it up in my regular dress shoe size of 13, which seems to be perfect.

68stang

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 5 pocket signature jeans in raw? I have many pairs of 501's and recently bought LVC 44's and had the legs taken in and now have major diaper butt. Looks like the ll beans are a slim 501 and raw. I want something I can wear 6+ months and see some character. Otherwise I will order the cheap 501 STF's and size down. I am pretty disappointed that I can't wear the rather expensive LVC 44's now...
Also is the coupon still working for 30% off on signature? Thanks!

ataru

Reaction score
I feel for you man, but you shouldn't have taken in 44's- they're a jean that should be appreciated for what they are (loose straight), just like some of the other early lvc cuts. Look for 47s or one of the 60s models if you ever want to try lvc again.

As for the signature jeans, the cut looks pretty good but the raws didn't even come out until the falll/winter collection IIRC, so it's doubtful that anyone knows much about their fading properties.

68stang

Reaction score
Yea I should have left well enough alone. Oh well I have already beaten myself up about it enough. The 44's are such a cool model too with the painted arcuate and history of them. I might just size down and order a 31 in the cheap STF's now. It's either that or go with these LL beans. Hm...choices.

fpr4

Reaction score
Just dropped $260 at the Bean... Knowing my luck they will drop another 30% coupon tomorrow morning.

zinman74

Reaction score
Well, I ordered some things from LL Bean Signature.

Washed Oxford Shirt, White size L:
Too big and blousey. Damn near 24 inches across the chest and the material was thinner than Gitman, J Crew, Polo or even the cheap (but quite nice really) fitted OCBD from GAP that I have.
Even with shrinking this wouldn't work. Returned.

Lambswool Sweater, Gray size L:
Fits nicely, would work with a shirt underneath or just a t-shirt, which is probably how I would wear it. Arms are slightly long for me as usual, but not bad. Great deal at $39. I wear a L in most sweaters, J. Crew, Bloomingdales men's etc. Kept.

Bean Canvas Cloth Short, Maroon size 36:
Don't like the 8" inseam, fits a bit tight. I usually order between a 34 and a 36 in such items. Felt a bit Deuce Bigalow in these. I loved the maroon color though. Return.

Probably won't be ordering again.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 68stang
Has anyone tried the 5 pocket signature jeans in raw? I have many pairs of 501's and recently bought LVC 44's and had the legs taken in and now have major diaper butt. Looks like the ll beans are a slim 501 and raw. I want something I can wear 6+ months and see some character. Otherwise I will order the cheap 501 STF's and size down. I am pretty disappointed that I can't wear the rather expensive LVC 44's now...
Also is the coupon still working for 30% off on signature? Thanks!

I've tried the 5 pockets in raw from Bean Signature and I have to say I think they're awesome. Price is right. Denim looks very nice and somewhat formal. Fit is also excellent. Fits like a cross between 514 and 501 -- very slim and flattering. Buy em!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads