• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Linen trouser recommendations for a tall man

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Hello, fine people of SF!

I've been looking around for linen trousers for the summer, and have found that most companies that I look at generally only seem to go to about a 32" inseam. I'm 6'4" (195cm) and generally wear a 34" inseam on my trousers. I'd like my linen trousers to have that inseam as well, but haven't had much luck in finding RTW in that length. Any brands/advice is appreciated!

ghostmonk

Reaction score
Greetings fellow tall. I'm 6'5 with a 34" inseam, and finding trousers of any kind is always a struggle if you happen to be broad of beam as well as tall. I live in a hot/humid climate so linen is an ideal material. Unfortunately I haven't found a lot of MTM options but I've been relatively lucky with this Etsy seller:

The linen is somewhat coarse but they do custom work in a variety of colors for not a substantial upcharge. There is certainly finer linen, but honestly it's not a major problem. I wish you luck and will monitor this thread for any insight into future trouser purchases.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Thanks for your recommendation! I'll definitely take a look.

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, fine people of SF!

I've been looking around for linen trousers for the summer, and have found that most companies that I look at generally only seem to go to about a 32" inseam. I'm 6'4" (195cm) and generally wear a 34" inseam on my trousers. I'd like my linen trousers to have that inseam as well, but haven't had much luck in finding RTW in that length. Any brands/advice is appreciated!
You need to shop for unhemmed trousers, then visit a tailor to have them finished to the proper length. Generally speaking, pre-hemmed trousers are aimed at the low to moderate segment of the market with fabric quality commensurate.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
You need to shop for unhemmed trousers, then visit a tailor to have them finished to the proper length. Generally speaking, pre-hemmed trousers are aimed at the low to moderate segment of the market with fabric quality commensurate.

Thanks. I have looked at unhemmed, and found a few places like Proper Cloth that have linen trousers, but I'd prefer not to be in the $300+ range for trousers if I can avoid it. The budget only stretches so far! :)

oucheebooboo

Reaction score
Spier & Mackay sells 37”, unhemmed trousers and currently has a good assortment of linen pants. While their prices have increased, they are quite reasonable. Read through their thread here, as they’ve been experiencing some customer service issues of late.

Tried and True

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have looked at unhemmed, and found a few places like Proper Cloth that have linen trousers, but I'd prefer not to be in the $300+ range for trousers if I can avoid it. The budget only stretches so far! :)
There are loads of discounted goods available online and at various B&M establishments.

brokencycle

Reaction score

Luxire is an affiliate vendor here that I've had a lot of success with. They'll make to any specifications you want and have a variety of linen fabrics. They also have "linen cotton canvas" which I'm a big fan of and wear here in the south east. They hold their shape better/wrinkle less than 100% linen but are very breathable.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Thanks, all, for the recommendations! I've been looking at Spier & MacKay, and follow their thread already. I'll take a look at Luxire and for B&M establishments too.

oucheebooboo

Reaction score
Another great option (perhaps a bit higher quality than S&M and with faster shipping) would be London-based, Natalino. ”Long” sizes come unhemmed at 37.5”. Very good quality and pricing. They’re currently having a 40% sale on linen trousers (with an addt’l 20% off--use EXTRA20).

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Another great option (perhaps a bit higher quality than S&M and with faster shipping) would be London-based, Natalino. ”Long” sizes come unhemmed at 37.5”. Very good quality and pricing. They’re currently having a 40% sale on linen trousers (with an addt’l 20% off--use EXTRA20).
I took a look at those, but they are all way too small in the waist for me (at least what is there on sale). But I'll definitely keep them bookmarked and look out for them!

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try Kit Blake. Also unhemmed and likely long enough.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn’t most RTW unhem standard like 36+in? A ton on eBay from PRL, RLPL I would think. Even Jcrew probably has unhemmed suit trouser sold as separate ?

oucheebooboo

Reaction score
Kit Blake seemed more than the op hoped to spend (and not much in the way of linen). Maybe Cordings? A few basic colors but still budget friendly. That’s all I got.

Simon Chambers

Reaction score
Many thanks to all who made suggestions in the thread! I have ordered 2 pairs from Luxire. The first pair is with my local tailor getting a few minor alterations, and Luxire is making the second pair with updates from the fit of the first pair. I'm looking forward to being able to wear them this summer as the heat has already begun to arrive last week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads