• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

linen shirts?

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i did a little search, but i didnt find much info here...maybe i was wrong....

but anyway, what's your choice for linen shirts in the summer? I am kinda interested in the shirts made by wjk from previous season, but the prices are not so good. Any brands you know that are of good quality and pricable ( i mean, worth the money)?

Wjk shirts
00001138-001.jpg

Ott

Reaction score
Engineered Garments makes some that would probably be cheaper than wjk, at least. Uniqlo has some too. ps that wjk shirt is ******* amazing. EDIT - I just looked at the price, JESUS CHRIST! I was expecting like $250 tops
frown.gif

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea, 48000yen i think. And hard to find since they are sold out in most stores...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I like Vilebrequin and they come in many different and bright colors.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw some from Rag and Bone last week that I really liked. They were just under $200 if I recall correctly and they featured a neat throat latch and antique buttons. I'm still trying to locate a source for them online with my size. Edit: This was it. Now that I see it again I don't think it qualifies as linen, but it did feel close to it.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
h&m make a 3/4 button pullover (no idea what these kinds of shirts are called) linen shirt that's out now. I love mine...

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone....
I just found this one by attachment...kinda cool in my eyes..

0423_att_top_a.jpg

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
h&m make a 3/4 button pullover (no idea what these kinds of shirts are called) linen shirt that's out now. I love mine...
Pics? Sounds interesting.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HM got a whole bunch with Ok linen shirts at the moment. Haven´t bought any yet, but Im eying a short sleeved with large breast pockets, in greysih blue.
The pullover shirts are cool aswell, but they dont have any buttons at all, so you can´t wear them with nothing under if you (read I) dont wanna expose the hairy jungle...

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it would be nice to have that shirt with some white tee~~~

I would really appreciate it if ppl could upload pix...
inlove.gif

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
wjk has some great linen shirts but are rather expensive and dark, which makes it somewhat hard to wear. h&m had some but is very low in quality. ralph lauren makes some great linen shirts that are ok for the price. not cheap and also not too over the top, i suggest the custom fit linen shirts for a more refined fit

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
completely forgot i bought this noah shirt over at nom de guerre a while back. it's really nice and thick but still very linen...

Here's my Noah shirt, it's VERY thick linen, thickest I've seen linen used in a shirt. Very nicely made, and just overall good shirt. glad I held out for a sale at Nom De Guerre, as I was considering this shirt when it wasn't on sale. Very happy with the purchase.

DSC03628-2.jpg

DSC03629-1.jpg

DSC03635-1.jpg

DSC03638-2.jpg

for rolling up your sleeves, it has a strap to attach it via button, but for some reason it doesn't have a button hole.
DSC03639-2.jpg

inside weed/cell phone pocket
DSC03642-2.jpg

Badseeds

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, poly, that shirt is fuckin' amazing...........And on sale? Damn, thats why I miss New York.
frown.gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Badseeds
wow, poly, that shirt is fuckin' amazing...........And on sale? Damn, thats why I miss New York.
frown.gif

yeah, that sale was like in jan. 60% off. Looked really nice, i can't justify spending $348 on a shirt, but 60% off that wasn't too bad...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Cool shirts. The Wjk shirt in particular is really nice looking. Definitely too much money though.

I ordered a black linen shirt from Jantzen and it's really nice. Definitely feeling the fabric.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads