• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Linen Pants

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It turned hot here yesterday so I wore all linen, and am doing the same today. Linen jacket, shirt, and pants. Madras tie today, silk yesterday. It feels great.

pred02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
It turned hot here yesterday so I wore all linen, and am doing the same today. Linen jacket, shirt, and pants. Madras tie today, silk yesterday. It feels great.

Linen pants and polo shirt with driving mocs last weekend when the temperatures in BOS dipped to low 90s. Arriving in white linen pants in Montreal, where it was 20 degrees less, I did look a bit out of place. They are great for places such as FL or CA but here in Boston you definantely must be European to be wearing those even on a hot day. Still, they breathe way better than wool or cotton on a hot day, so I don't care if others sweat their balls off (literally).

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a real nice pair of RLPL linen trousers in a deep blue, just a shade or two lighter than navy. I am really tempted to put cuffs on them. If I were to, would it look better with particularly long cuffs? I am 6'3", and figure that it wont shorten my appearance much. Most of my trousers that are cuffed are only an inch and three-eights or so.

I've seen a few nice trousers in WAYWRN that have an exaggerated cuff, just under two inches, and the look is growing on me, but I don't know at all if that would be appropriate for linen trousers?

Thanks.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
I've seen a few nice trousers in WAYWRN that have an exaggerated cuff, just under two inches, and the look is growing on me, but I don't know at all if that would be appropriate for linen trousers?

I hope it is since I just had 1.75" cuffs put on 4 pairs of linen blend trousers.

sharks9022

Reaction score
wear a navy jacket and navy boat shoes with those white pants

Volkl

Reaction score
On the off-chance it ever gets warm enough this summer to wear my new linen pants in Boston, I need a refresher on the arguments for cuffs/no-cuffs. They are slim-fitting flat-front Brioni trousers, and I will wear them to work and at night. The "flat-front/linen is inherently casual position" says, "no cuffs." The "these are tailored-looking and linen needs the weight of cuffs" side says the reverse. Any advice on this from those who have tried them both ways?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm wearing my white linen trousers today with a navy/white gingham linen shirt. My db linen jacket has been retired for the remainder of the day, it's too hot for it. Shoes are RL Rhett shell loafers, the ones with red/navy ribbon. Unfortunately, no pics.

blackbowtie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Infinite42
What other acceptable footwear choices are there for linen pants? I'm one that thinks men's feet in public is unsightly, so I won't be wearing any type of sandal, and I don't really do loafers, though I'm more flexible on the latter. Does that only leave me with Topsiders to work with?

Originally Posted by jgan85
boat shoes..

+1. I wore off-white linen trousers, white linen shirt, together with orange boat shoes from BB and yellow-orange grosgrain belt from ralph lauren. Very summery look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads