• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Life in the Netherlands

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
They don't like Muslims. No point in lying and denying your heritage, your name will probably be a dead giveaway. I guess your best gesture of friendship would be to just act like a normal person.

Luckily, my name is Adam and that's all I'm going to go by. I don't intend to lie or deny my "heritage", just remain conveniently silent on the topic.

I appreciate your honesty and I expected as much... Just wanted to be sure. I believe things will be fine in my daily reactions and I'll prolly only receive trouble where I'm required to show my passport / ID card... I'm a pretty amiable guy though so even then it will hopefully be just fine.

604guy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slycedbred
Not attempting to hijack the thread, but it would be a little redundant to make another post...I'm going to Maastricht next semester (fall) for study abroad... A few questions as to the culture...

I'm assuming it's pretty(or very) liberal. What I do want to know is what sort of underlying prejudices are common to be encountered there? Anti-nonwhite undertones? Anti-arab? Would I be wise to describe myself as spanish/filipino as opposed to arab? What would some of you consider is the best gesture of friendship? Unlike those who went before me, I want to get to know the locals and make some friends... The final, most important question... Should I go there prepared to go shopping, or will prices be far more than America??

I'm going to be getting a free euro rail (i think that's what its called) pass, where would I want to go?

How's the food?

Thanks guys and sorry OP to get off on a tangent....

I spent a few days in Maastricht, beautiful city, your going to have fun! Really nice archetecture. Overall it is very much a student oriented city, so yes it is very liberal, enjoy the coffee shops! Food is decent from what I had.

Everyone gets around by bike, so I would suggust purchasing one and then selling it at the end of the semester, supposedly thats really easy to do.

Partying is pretty fun, goes really late into the mornings. As for shopping there are a lot of good shops, I would definitly save some money as it is much better then in most American cities, IMO.

I think you will have a great time there.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the feedback guys!
Can you tell me something about cost of housing/rents in Amsterdam or Eindhoven?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads