• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

levis red slim straight

fancy jeans wearer

Reaction score
i just bought a pair of these in rigid scraped. first pair of unwashed denim, actually. now, how are the fit of these? are they comparable to levis 514s? I usually wear those, and i'm looking for something a little tighter. if not, could i shrink them without washing them and losing indigo? does anyone have pics of before/after? thanks for the help, guys.

(edit - i bought them in my normal size, 30/32 if that means anything)

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
They are levis 514. Same jean. If you check the levis site the 514 are their slim straight jean. Just like the 517 is their slim bootleg and 511 the slim tapered. These aren't super quality or anything, and the indigo doesn't wear off that bad. Just wear them out of the box, or hotsoak them if you feel it neccessary. If you bought your normal size they won't be super tight or anything after stretching. I have a pair in my normal size(32x34) and i've never had a pair of 514s before but they're rather relaxed fit on me. There is a whole multi-page thread on the rigid-scraped levis 514s if you search the next page or so if you need any info.

fancy jeans wearer

Reaction score
i dunno if id want to soak them, lose indigo and all. i dont wanna lose the "sheen". could i throw them in a dryer or heat them somehow with out losing indigo? maybe just dip the waist in some hot water

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I normally hate doing this but seriously. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=23320 Everything you'd ever want to know about the levis 514 rigid scraped. They don't lose that much "sheen" after a soak. There really is no need to soak. They won't shrink. Any shrinking that will happen will stretch right back out after a couple wears.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads