• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lets talk about COFFEE

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Last week I had black Turkish coffee with milk and no sugar, the strongest thing I ever tasted.

Isn't that backwards? Don't they usually do black with a ton of sugar?

"Coffee should be as black as hell, as strong as death, and as sweet as love"

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I don't think Tim has the access to the green coffee than nespresso does, or the checkbook to invest in quality control. That's just a guess though. In the end it all comes down to what customers are demanding.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WiredandTired

Reaction score
I'm more interested that they chose to go into a pissing match with a coffee expert. I would've just let the marketing speak for itself or host a rigged tasting test or survey to affirm their quality.

There's no denying though, the more you need to supply, you'll need to lower your standards to get the quantity. I've had nespresso, it was a pretty decent espresso, but nowhere as nuanced as a freshly ground drip or espresso from my favorite local coffee shop.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do any of you watch Dangerous Grounds, the show on Travel Channel that follows the guy from La Colombe going around the third world to acquire coffee? This guys is in some tough places and busts his ass to do so.

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having my Chromatic Coffee fix. Columbia La Virgen. Amazing stuff as usual!

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Do any of you watch Dangerous Grounds, the show on Travel Channel that follows the guy from La Colombe going around the third world to acquire coffee? This guys is in some tough places and busts his ass to do so.

La Colombe is underrated, imo.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

La Colombe is underrated, imo.

The episode where he goes into Mexico to get a particular coffee, which is sun-dried with the fruit still around it, for Jean-George Vongerichten, is crazy.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I started following Gimme Coffee on twitter, and as with most companies it is a lot of bullshit, but this weekend I was hearing nothing but this finca san luis coffee so I went in to try some. They had it drip in a big inulated urn. I actually love drip, drip gets hate, but when done well it is awesome. Anyway, I hated it. Waaay too acidic, gave me indigestion and just to think all of that acidity was extracted via drip! Some bozos are probably going to try and pull shots with it!

WiredandTired

Reaction score
I didn't know blue bottle had such financial backing.

I am intrigued by the new nespresso machine. Cream topped coffee, hopefully the dose is scaled up from their regular coffee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads