• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Let's not talk about...

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Apc. Or uniqlo for stretch. preferably worn already. run through your washing machine 3 times with bleach (make sure whole jean is submerged). If needed, soak in washing machine (add bleach) for 10-15 mins again, rewash. Wash/soak several more times to get the bleach out.

Result:

jMvjwl.jpg

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not disgusting/white enough. I saw the ones you did over at Harajuju. That looked pretty boss. That fit pic looks decidedly... normal... for you, Synthy. I know you wear things other than gold-leaf oxfords and drop-crotch pants, but I dunno, by contrast this looks so safe! I don't know **** about jeans. Maybe I can just wear cropped chinos and maternity wear to paint in. Jasper Johns steez
7sQrq.jpg
42-21691500.jpg

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softy
Not disgusting/white enough. I saw the ones you did over at Harajuju. That looked pretty boss.

That fit pic looks decidedly... normal... for you, Synthy. I know you wear things other than gold-leaf oxfords and drop-crotch pants, but I dunno, by contrast this looks so safe!

I don't know **** about jeans. Maybe I can just wear cropped chinos and maternity wear to paint in.

Ah! Then instead you leave the jeans in a bucket of bleachy hot water for 2-3 days, making sure that they're NOT fully submerged, changing the water every day.

And yes, a lot of the time I'm in jeans and boots and a t-shirt, but that's not really worth posting about.

I think you ought to paint barefoot in rolled lanvin tux pants and a sleeveless button down with a black silk cravat.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, jeans in bucket method sounds sexy. I wonder what happens if you throw some assorted garbage in there, too. Like raku pottery style.
(Uh oh, am I channeling Ernesto Jeans Atelier or whatever?)

I like the ensemble you suggested. Is that some Basquiat thing? Regardless, sleeveless or no, the button down should be unbuttoned to the navel.

I know that Francis Bacon painted in a leather jacket sometimes.

It's too bad there aren't any designer smocks...

Edit: the threads where people are posing in jeans from every imaginable angle are so ******* weird to me.

softy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So not to
deadhorse-a.gif
, but I never had looked through the MC does SW&D with deliberate slowness until now, savoring every detail. So indulge me here.

It seems like they all interpreted the challenge to mean "Casual Friday." What happened there? What on earth is this?

2010-11-19.jpg

Jeans jacket UNDER a coat? With a TIE? Is it possible that this was some epic level trolling? The sincerity seems so... sincere.

I leave you with this (interesting to note that the skintone of his legs does not match his face btw... looks like he shaved and tanned them. That's pretty SWD, actually.):
postshoesc.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I want some long underwear. Crazy ass printed long underwear. Am I the only one?
Snowboard brands should have them to your heart's desire. Or, get these
Originally Posted by shahanshah
perhaps you can get an all-in-one work outfit with blanket
Weak copy of the rug-jacket
Viktor & Rolf menswear, what little of it there is, is incredibly boring
You watch your mouth JohnLawrenceSullivan Lithium Homme Richard Chai

chineseboy

Reaction score
New Balance sneakers

whatup with those. personally i think they're ugly as ****, and i associate them with what seniors wear when they need walking shoes. i don't see how they're at all stylish, but they always apparently people buy them since they keep releasing new editions and highsnobiety and hypebeast always cover these new editions.

do any of you guys actually like/wear these?

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chineseboy
New Balance sneakers

whatup with those. personally i think they're ugly as ****, and i associate them with what seniors wear when they need walking shoes. i don't see how they're at all stylish, but they always apparently people buy them since they keep releasing new editions and highsnobiety and hypebeast always cover these new editions.

I have 2 pairs that I enjoy for that senior citizen walking steez

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Did he bleach them? I have an almost preternatural fear of having bleach anywhere near anything... the risk of it staining precious goodies is too high!

But this still returns me to square one: what jeans

i bleached some old jeans and wanted white with spatters of blue. unfortunately i forgot i left them in the bucket for several hours. upon my return i found them riddled with holes and disintegrated seams.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Balance sneakers

Pretty sure softy is going to be angry with you for the bolded words.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Balance sneakers

I don't mind them (or own them), but I prefer KangaRoo combats if we're going to be playing "7th Grade (Reprise)"

GlenCoe

Reaction score
b542yo.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads