• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Left Field NYC Clothing Thread

Pollit

Reaction score
Any users of the twill flight jacket? I would like to know if is a true to size jacket.

superseiyan

Reaction score

Yup, I typically wear a size 34 but 36 in everything Left Field.

The greasers look attractive for a big thigh/butt athletic body type like me.

For those with LFs, I'm wondering:

- Given my body type, should one still adhere to the "size down one or two in raw denim" mantra?
- Given the normal rise, do they still avoid the "dad" look or "sagging" look?
- Is there enough of a slight taper, sleek look that they can be pulled of for business casual?

It's been a long exhaustive search looking for gray/black raw denim, and I've had to up my budget to fit my thighs! (need 13.5s at least).

trailer36

Reaction score
Greasers are great for folks like us superseiyan. Here is a quick snap of me today in my greasers in a 34 which is a size up from my true waist size. Now, understand I need to size up in all my pants and shorts so this is normal practice for me.

Last edited:

Denim Devil

Reaction score
Yup, I typically wear a size 34 but 36 in everything Left Field.
I've found this too be true too, though I heard everything is 3 sizes small, but I'm still searching for my correct size in LF.

A friend got a pair of the Chelseas, I asked if they were true to fit, he said yes.
So I ordered a pair in my size, 31, same size as my friend. When I got them I couldn't get them
over thighs! I call up my friend, he says, "Oh yeah, I had to get a 34!" So now I got a size 31, that fits like a size 29 laying around.

So size up and don't always trust your friends!

Gosha

Reaction score
Hello!
Can you answer : all pants from LeftField have small back pockets? ))))

Man from Left Field convinces me that this new design (for certain versions) ((((

Last edited:

Gosha

Reaction score
The Left Field Chino fit guide says a 38 waist actually measures 40. Is this true?
Yes, its true. 102 centimeters (40.16 inches around) for the new version with striped pockets (Miner and Field Pants). FR- 12.2, BR - 16.54, UT - 14.2 inches.

goldenbear

Reaction score

The Left Field Chino fit guide says a 38 waist actually measures 40.  Is this true? 

It's true for some chinos and not others. The measurements vary based on model. In my experience the measurements were accurate. When in doubt follow the size guide and return if necessary.

konadog

Reaction score
Hello!

Can you answer : all  pants from LeftField have small back pockets?   ))))

Man from Left Field convinces me that this new design (for certain versions)  ((((

i hope this is not the case. one of my favorite elements of LF trousers is how deep the back pockets are.

Gosha

Reaction score
Quote: I also think - is a defect ....
But when Mr. Christian (president of LeftField) saw the picture, he recommended me to use a chain for wallet. But the chain is not sent)))
I do not know what to do))

Excuse my English - I live in Russia))

Gosha

Reaction score
In general, very strange that the company is cheating buyers and makes such good pants))

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean "cheating buyers." I've been a customer of Left Field's, I know plenty of people loyal to the brand, and I'll soon carry them in my stores, and I've never heard of them "cheating" anyone. Christian is a good, honest dude who makes excellent clothes at reasonable price points. He's one of the few honest dudes in the business.

Gosha

Reaction score
I am sure that they produce a lot of good things. I have three pants of their production. And some of them are defective (small back pockets). I would like to return them, but Christian told me that this is a new design. I won the case in Paypal, but then I thought that if this is a new design - then it is no one's fault (and closed it).
Until I saw the new pants - they had normal size back pockets. Then I realized that Christian lied to me.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads