• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Left Field NYC Clothing Thread

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a huge user advocate (I think retailers should go out of their way to please customers, even if at a slight cost to them), but Left Field certainly lists their terms. They specifically mention that sales items cannot be refunded, just exchanged.

http://leftfieldnyc.com/pages/shipping-returns-policies

It's your responsibility, as a consumer, to familiarize yourself with the terms of the purchase prior to entering a financial agreement. Don't screw a small business because you didn't take the time to read.
Sorry dude but clearly you did not read what I wrote. The item was not listed as a sale item when I clicked on it. I had zero idea it was a sale item and they said nothing about it during the course of our phone call or my order.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tend to side with retailers a lot since many customers are fickle, but I agree with rydenfan on this one. They list non-sale items with full priced products (but also put them in the sale section), so there is no way to identify it as a sale item if you stumble upon it in any other category.

I went to the website to look around. Take a look at the Cone Mills Green Heather Greaser Jean in their "Jeans" section (for some reason no url is showing up for their jeans), which happens to be on sale. If you happen upon it in their that section and don't take a look at the sale page, you'd never know the item was reduced. They definitely need to either label things as on sale or keep them separate.

edit: Actually, there is a small "path" listed at the top left of the image that says "All/Greaser/Sale", which is easy to miss and not something I'd look for under normal circumstances. So the regular page listing must re-direct to the sale page. Still very misleading.

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yep, realized I didn't address it and revised my original post earlier
You are just making assumptions blindly and trying to declare them as fact. In actually there were 3 different colors of that pant and they were all the same price. I figured it was a different fabric and therefore a different cost since all 3 of those colors of those fabrics were the same price. If you want to continue to distort reality and make false claims go ahead.

mcdecker1

Reaction score

You are just making assumptions blindly and trying to declare them as fact. In actually there were 3 different colors of that pant and they were all the same price. I figured it was a different fabric and therefore a different cost since all 3 of those colors of those fabrics were the same price. If you want to continue to distort reality and make false claims go ahead.

I'm not trying to declare anything as fact, just stating my opinion :D
good talk

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not trying to declare anything as fact, just stating my opinion
biggrin.gif

good talk
would love to know how you call this statement not being declared as a fact...

It's your responsibility, as a consumer, to familiarize yourself with the terms of the purchase prior to entering a financial agreement. Don't screw a small business because you didn't take the time to read.

mcdecker1

Reaction score

would love to know how you call this statement not being declared as a fact...

if I continue to engage, will this get less annoying?

Look - I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. I design websites for a living, and think the user experience on the Left Field site is actually pretty intuitive. This could also be based on the fact that I believe it's common sense that if one thing costs less than similar items, it's probably discounted. Also, the fact that the price ended in $.99 (not sure if it did for you, but all their sale items do) should have been an indication that it's discounted.

But - to go from you having a bad experience to warning others and filing a credit card complaint against them, is (in my humble opinion) absurd

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All left field had to do was mention final sale once

Do you work for left field?

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if I continue to engage, will this get less annoying?

Look - I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience. I design websites for a living, and think the user experience on the Left Field site is actually pretty intuitive. This could also be based on the fact that I believe it's common sense that if one thing costs less than similar items, it's probably discounted. Also, the fact that the price ended in $.99 (not sure if it did for you, but all their sale items do) should have been an indication that it's discounted.

But - to go from you having a bad experience to warning others and filing a credit card complaint against them, is (in my humble opinion) absurd

No, it's absurd to not label an item as sale. Anyone that buys raw denim knows that fabrics are priced differently depending on any number of factors (you can see this with other full-priced jeans/pre-orders on Left Field's site, so you obviously didn't look very hard). Every other company I've come across at least lists "Sale" under a discounted price. You shouldn't have to check the sale page, compare prices, or be a detective in order to figure out if an item is on sale or not. And you must not be a very good web designer if you don't understand how the sale component on Left Field's website isn't user friendly (I also work on user-interfaces and usability).

Xan7hos

Reaction score
As a huge Left Field NYC fan it's really disheartening to hear these stories of customer service misses that seem rather clearly to me issues that are at the least problematic due to issues on Left Fields side. Agree that some items that appear on the sale page of their website reappears on their normal section without clear indications unlike their old website which would appear in red text. Also I feel like their lack of communication as evidence by my own experiences as well as from what I've read over at the r/rawdenim thread is hurting potential sales. I understand it's a three man operation, but it seems like adding a customer service rep would do a world of good for them

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree their website does a horrible job at distinguishing sale vs non-sale items, and they definitely need to fix that and honor the customer's return, especially if there was a phone conversation where nobody mentioned the item being final sale.

Having said that, I wanted to share my positive experience (which had nothing to do with customer service and only with the product). I've been having an impossible time trying to find a pair of jeans that fit properly. I was looking for a regular straight fit (nothing skinny or too slim), and even in most cuts of straight-leg premium denim, I couldn't comfortably fit my legs in them. I finally tried a pair of Left Field Greasers and they fit exactly how I wanted them to (although I had to size up to 36). The waist is a little big on these, but I'll wear them with a belt and if it stretches with wear, I'll send them to Railcar to get taken in. But other than that, I have no complaints about the fit. Guys with bigger thighs and/or butt who like a medium/high rise should definitely check these out:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads