• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gihad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hawkies
This is EXACTLY the same as a jacket i have, made by a brand called OR GLORY.

P1000412.jpg

Do they have a website? I know plenty of other brands/designers that use the Lightning design for leather jackets; ACDC from Japan does a pretty solid one.

Binker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerazzurri
would you rather buy a used original 5 zip or a new one?

theres two on yoox for $650 and $690
plain.gif

lemme guess the colorways, red and white
uhoh.gif
. good condition older ones consistently sell in the 600-800 range, yoox logic is not gonna change this reality

re older vs new 5 zips, i dont know exactly what it is that changed, or if anything really changed much at all, but all I can speak to is my perceptions from seeing many pictures of older ones and new ones online. and almost uniformly the post-08 or so 5 zips look like thinner, cheaper jackets. the heavy, utilitarian zips are being played with, and the stitching appears more overt. maybe someone whose followed year to year can comment. ar six's (the dirty brown suede) is actually an exception to this though, I don't know what year that's from but I think it's relatively recent and it looks great

bob99

Reaction score
Argh! I was jacked by the eBay seller. He told me that he would sell it to me for $900, so I submitted that as an offer. Then he sold it to someone else for $910
frown.gif
I guess my search for a MMM 5-zip continues. I was planning on buying the 48, but now I'm flirting with getting a size 50. The grey leather currently on Yoox seems decent, but I've never seriously considered getting anything other than brown / black. I might just wait and pay full freight for the fully blacked out version at retail. I'm heading to LA next week for work, so I'm sure I'll swing by Margiela when I'm there. It will give me a chance to try it on. I think I'm going to re-read this entire thread for inspiration. I like the Rick Owens stuff, but I need to see more of them before pulling the trigger. I feel like a leather jacket purchase is such a big deal... I've had my previous leather for 5 years and I've worn it constantly. It's just a POS from the gap, and now it's falling apart, so I'm ready to upgrade. Maybe I should just be like Kunk and have 20+ jackets... It would certainly reduce the "must buy perfect leather" pressure.
smile.gif

nerazzurri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bob99
Argh! I was jacked by the eBay seller. He told me that he would sell it to me for $900, so I submitted that as an offer. Then he sold it to someone else for $910
frown.gif

I guess my search for a MMM 5-zip continues. I was planning on buying the 48, but now I'm flirting with getting a size 50. The grey leather currently on Yoox seems decent, but I've never seriously considered getting anything other than brown / black.

I might just wait and pay full freight for the fully blacked out version at retail. I'm heading to LA next week for work, so I'm sure I'll swing by Margiela when I'm there. It will give me a chance to try it on.

I think I'm going to re-read this entire thread for inspiration. I like the Rick Owens stuff, but I need to see more of them before pulling the trigger.

I feel like a leather jacket purchase is such a big deal... I've had my previous leather for 5 years and I've worn it constantly. It's just a POS from the gap, and now it's falling apart, so I'm ready to upgrade. Maybe I should just be like Kunk and have 20+ jackets... It would certainly reduce the "must buy perfect leather" pressure.
smile.gif

which leather mmm was it? was it a used 5 zip?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
went to barneys downtown nyc and tried on the BoO leather. it was the 0 and fit was good in sleeves and chest. leather was soft and liked it. bomber pockets were ok but utility is questionable because of placement

then i tried on RO. they only had a small and i cant pull off asymmetrical zip so tried the moto collar. dont know anything about leather jackets but was really impressed by the fit and feel of the RO in comparison to the BoO. leather was really soft but very substantial. the moto was very clean and simple but felt great on. will def grab RO leather when funds are replenished

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
went to barneys downtown nyc and tried on the BoO leather. it was the 0 and fit was good in sleeves and chest. leather was soft and liked it. bomber pockets were ok but utility is questionable because of placement then i tried on RO. they only had a small and i cant pull off asymmetrical zip so tried the moto collar. dont know anything about leather jackets but was really impressed by the fit and feel of the RO in comparison to the BoO. leather was really soft but very substantial. the moto was very clean and simple but felt great on. will def grab RO leather when funds are replenished
Go kop a Julius instead
devil.gif
Oh wait, I forgot. You're size competition. Go ahead and get your Rick
foo.gif

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KingNC
^ what's the largest size Julius leathers come in? I only ever see 1's and 2's...

The largest size Julius makes is a size 4, but even 3s are rarely flipped. I've seen the mythical size 4 Julius leather being flipped once on sufu. It's like finding a chupacabra.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
lol im broke at the moment so everythings all yours atm

None of the styles I want are in my size right now so we may very well end up looking for leathers at the same time hehe

kinggimp

Reaction score
hopefully you leather experts can help me out here. i picked up the BoO leather bomber from Barney's. ended up getting a size 1, but not sure if i should have gone with a 2. it's slightly tight in the shoulders and chest when i zip up, and if i keep working out, will be pretty tight in bicep area. the leather is really soft and i'm hoping it will stretch out enough to accommodate. but anyways, here's a coupla fit pics. lemme know what y'all think! thanks!

Capture1-1.jpg

Capture2-1.jpg

Capture3-2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics