• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Understatesman - the jacket looks great man. Keep it. Don't sweat the absence of side pockets. I thought I'd miss them too, but realized I never used them (on my leather jackets).

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The perfect leather jacket is one you wear and enjoy wearing

The saga continues…this thread will never die

Wait'll you get a load of what happens next...

@Understatesman - the jacket looks great man. Keep it. Don't sweat the absence of side pockets. I thought I'd miss them too, but realized I never used them (on my leather jackets).

And I've just returned it. The J-100 while flattering in sllhouette and comfortably able to zip up, feels constricting in the arms. I can't lift them higher than my armpits and I can't cross my arms across my chest. While, in the Iron Heart single rider's jacket I can do it comfortably. ****, I could probably do a cartwheel and be fine. Plus, it's a nicer, more substantial-feeling leather with hand pockets.

Someone in the thread said earlier, and it's absolutely true (think it was @sinnedk) if you're not comfortable in the jacket you're never going to wear it. Dat motherfucker's right.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just can't get past that bib. I know ,I know every picture I see with someone wearing it it looks fine but i just can't get past the damn thing.

How bout now?

s-l500.jpg

boxdok

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Lewis Leathers and can give a brief review. I am really liking this Green Cyclone. I already have a black double rider and I find this shade of green to be pretty versatile.

Attachments

• lewis-leathers-x-stuff-441-cyclone-green-sheep-1_600x600.jpg
    lewis-leathers-x-stuff-441-cyclone-green-sheep-1_600x600.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 75
  • lewis-leathers-x-stuff-441-cyclone-green-sheep-5_600x600.jpg
    lewis-leathers-x-stuff-441-cyclone-green-sheep-5_600x600.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 98

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And I've just returned it. The J-100 while flattering in sllhouette and comfortably able to zip up, feels constricting in the arms. I can't lift them higher than my armpits and I can't cross my arms across my chest. While, in the Iron Heart single rider's jacket I can do it comfortably. ****, I could probably do a cartwheel and be fine. Plus, it's a nicer, more substantial-feeling leather with hand pockets.

Someone in the thread said earlier, and it's absolutely true (think it was @sinnedk) if you're not comfortable in the jacket you're never going to wear it. Dat motherfucker's right.

Yeap that was me. But remember I also wear CCP and FCL, I wear things in and get used to it but I also size a little up. I can probably wear a 46 but thats a constricting fit that I cant move it or gain an extra point, this ends up being sold or not worn.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So you don’t like the J-100 because it’s too constricting in the arms, but you also don’t like the Iron Heart single rider because it has too much excess fabric in the upper arm area? You realize this might be connected, right?

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you don’t like the J-100 because it’s too constricting in the arms, but you also don’t like the Iron Heart single rider because it has too much excess fabric in the upper arm area? You realize this might be connected, right?

Yeah, they're connected in the sense that the Iron Heart has biswing arm gussets, while the McCoy's doesn't. Excess fabric or not, that's really what gives it flexibility.

There's a few other issues I didn't happen to write, but since you're being antagonistic...

J-100:
• Paper-thin, really wouldn't do me any good in cooler weather.
• Wears more like a shirt than a jacket (yeah, yeah, I know ... "racing shirt" blah blah blah)
• Weak ass front zipper. It's like a #5 compared to the #10 on the Iron Heart
• Did I mention no hand pockets? Turns out I like them.
• Prefer the collar style of the Iron Heart.
• Flares out a bit at the waist vs the V-tapered Iron Heart body.
• It pisses you off that I keep trying jackets.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, they're connected in the sense that the Iron Heart has biswing arm gussets, while the McCoy's doesn't. Excess fabric or not, that's really what gives it flexibility.

There's a few other issues I didn't happen to write, but since you're being antagonistic...

J-100:
• Paper-thin, really wouldn't do me any good in cooler weather.
• Wears more like a shirt than a jacket (yeah, yeah, I know ... "racing shirt" blah blah blah)
• Weak ass front zipper. It's like a #5 compared to the #10 on the Iron Heart
• Did I mention no hand pockets? Turns out I like them.
• Prefer the collar style of the Iron Heart.
• Flares out a bit at the waist vs the V-tapered Iron Heart body.
• It pisses you off that I keep trying jackets.

those are all fair points, very very precise but fair.

you know at the start of this week should of done a poll or some sort of betting system.

So far what are you actually keeping?

Adding the last purchase to The List. Incredible.

View attachment 1665533

I wish we could do an infohraphic with stats on

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Lewis Leathers and can give a brief review. I am really liking this Green Cyclone. I already have a black double rider and I find this shade of green to be pretty versatile.

Lewis Leathers is top-notch and their sheepskin (which the British Racing Green jackets are– do not get the horsehide unless you want a garish green) is excellent.

It's also nice to support them given the Japanese knock them off constantly, including modern Lewis models, complete with brand signatures like the sleeve pocket, which is more a secondary logo than a real pocket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads