• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

filcol

Reaction score
I didn't have much time today, I could only check it for a few seconds while I was going home, however for the price I was pretty impressed.

I'll see tomorrow.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I came across this bison leather jacket at SZ and found it interesting. It's by designer Reo Ma:
it's definitely interesting.. and by interesting I mean weird.
What do you guys think? A french brand called "The Kooples". Quality seems good, I like the classic look. It's comparable cheap too, around 700$.
$700 for that!? :uhoh: um… no. I'm with Distorb… looks like ****.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a basic rider idk why you guys are jumping to call it terrible, idk about quality so that's definitely an issue, for me I am not a fan of the buckles on the sides but otherwise it's fine

http://kpl.media.bbzcdn.com/media/c...3525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/H/C/HCU805BLA01_F.jpg

looks ugly to me.

It's the epaulets and the buckles that really sets it off. hem and arm widths look bad too.

They're replicating the uk style leather biker jacket which traditionally doesn't have epaulets IIRC.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

http://kpl.media.bbzcdn.com/media/c...3525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/H/C/HCU805BLA01_F.jpg

looks ugly to me. 

It's the epaulets and the buckles that really sets it off. hem and arm widths look bad too. 

They're replicating the uk style leather biker jacket which traditionally doesn't have epaulets IIRC.

look at the spoiler one is SLP and one is the jacket in question... idk to me it looks similar, i don't like either for myself but also don't see something crazy off putting on either

anyways whatever to each their own, i spent too much time on this topic as is

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at it up close on the website before commenting. Maybe a bit strong to say it's completely **** …. but for $700 it's definitely ****. Just looks cheap. Now if you told me "hey I scored this for $250" then hey that's your gig. If you want to blow 7 bills on it, well that can be your gig as well.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

looks ugly to me. 

The original Lewis Leathers model, the Bronx, has passants, as do many subsequent models from them and other makers.

You can just say you don't like something. The meta narrative is that the original is good, or at least something to be honored, or at least respected. I find that we should sometimes examine that narrative.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The original Lewis Leathers model, the Bronx, has passants, as do many subsequent models from them and other makers.

You can just say you don't like something. The meta narrative is that the original is good, or at least something to be honored, or at least respected. I find that we should sometimes examine that narrative.

Good point.

The kooples jacket isn't copying the bronx though. It looks like the lightning, which doesn't have epaulets.

Not sure if that's the original jacket that used the symmetric body zips and front cinches but it usually does not have epaulets. I admit I personally don't think epaulets work on that jacket design. I won't allude that it's due to unfaithfulness to the design. It just looks bad to me and throws off the jacket.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally sent my Rick Stooges away to have the sleeves shortened.. will take about a month and is running about $175, but I think they do pretty good work. Hope I measured correctly!! Taking off 8cm, which will put it right around the thumb knuckle

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tried on a ma+ biker jacket (i think thats the name) at sui generisis, size large and i can barely zip it up in the waist area and i am pretty slim, price tag is $1800, if anyone wants it proxied lmk...

Also what are the thoughts on the fit/look?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads