• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quality is supposedly much better back then and the cut was boxier, though I disagree with it being slimmer these days, still cut pretty boxy to me.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This older one is out there as well. Not so impressed by the choice of wire hanger here...hopefully that was just for the pic, and it hasn't been on that for long.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone seen the distressed black 5zip in person? Thinking about this.

This older one is out there as well. Not so impressed by the choice of wire hanger here...hopefully that was just for the pic, and it hasn't been on that for long.

thats my grail jacket, if you see a MMM 5zip in 48/50 can you please post it or pm me, i would really appreciate it...

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're after the standard black one, I'm pretty sure you can place an order at the boutique for whenever they get it in again. Oki-Ni had it this season too, but 48/50 were gone in a day. Same with TBS. Roden Gray still has this season's distressed version in 50.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Roden Gray is like $700 cheaper or so. :foo:

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DL it is a lot more distressed looking than it looks in the pictures - the sleeve close-up on roden pics is best representation. leather is pretty heavy and it seems quite sturdy. haven't tried it on, though

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

MrPorter still has a size 50 of the distressed version: http://www.mrporter.com/product/323612

If you're after the standard black one, I'm pretty sure you can place an order at the boutique for whenever they get it in again. Oki-Ni had it this season too, but 48/50 were gone in a day. Same with TBS. Roden Gray still has this season's distressed version in 50.

thanks a lot fellas!

sadly dont have that many funds right now...

Last edited:

ffatt

Reaction score

Has anyone seen the distressed black 5zip in person? Thinking about this.

I have seen it in person...if this is supposed to be a substitute for the black non-sale version don't do it. As jet says 5 zip only look good in black. If you are looking for a distressed jacket, I would go for something classic like a DR.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That one is rarer, I think goat(?) maybe... it was only made for one year with the two-way zipper, I think 2005. New ones are garbage.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The white/cream one is really nice. The leather was soft, pliable and substantial--fit was great--slim, but still had movement. Wouldn't even make it to the shelf if it was black.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads