Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RatherAnOddball, Jul 17, 2008.

1. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Be aware that cordovan can sometimes bleed for a while. Brown apparently less so.

Yeah, thanks, Lear, I've heard about cordo bleeding. If I end up adding a strip at the inside base (to protect the alpaca lining) it would probably have to be corduroy, otherwise I imagine a cordo strip down there would make the bleeding all the more certain.

Speaking of cordovan, I think the bootlegger is a fantastic looking jacket (less versatile than the Highwayman, but nicer, IMO).

From SuFu:

[​IMG]

From (I don't know):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, but I'm still waiting for someone to gently balance a standing Aero:

[​IMG]

on top of the by now infamous standing Japanese repro jean:

[​IMG]

For a truly surreal sartorial effect.

2. cez

cez Senior member

[​IMG]

Julius red riders, for Akira/Michael Jackson steeze

Akira ftw.

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Perfect example: I think the TOJ calf looks very nice indeed, but I didn't always think so. It was the way certain people were sizing that totally turned me off the whole TOJ DR. Admittedly it was primarily the Aeglus fit that was the problem (no offense to the guy). Just could not see beyond the fit to the jacket itself.

I can see what you mean in some ways. Anyways, it's a little bit better now that the calf is losing stiffness and stretched out a bit, but still gonna take some time. If I made it again I'd probably making it slightly bigger (mostly because I'm slightly bigger), slightly more cropped and slightly longer sleeves. I think if people want results on a jacket looking good right away, they should definitely just get lamb. A lot of people think the lamb moto looks best on me and I took a fit pic of that a day after getting it. Lamb just plain drapes better without having to beat the shit out of it for a year.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

As a designer and businessman do you ever feel inclined to eliminate certain fit pics of your product to ensure the product is represented 'well' (granted "well" is different to different people), to ensure image control? Or are you ok with just demonstrating as many fits as there are and hoping that people 'get' the underlying quality of the jacket regardless of the specific fit?

well, to be honest, some fits do look great, some look good, very occasionally I think something is passable or just not good pictures, but that comes with the territory of selling a product. On the other hand, everything is order made and the measurements are up to the buyer, and therefore I think people shouldn't feel excluded if someone else's fit pic doesn't appeal to them, since one can choose how they want it to fit, etc.
    I will admit though, that sometimes, people come to me with more involved custom jacket ideas, and if they're within my means to do them, I usually do them to keep people happy; however, I feel like a lot of people start modifying parts of the clothes either to a) mimic details other jackets made by other brands they like, b) are just doing it under the premise that they're making a one-off that no one else will get, or c) find something wrong with my design and want to try their hand at it - I don't think any of these ideas are bad in premise, but I usually don't like the results as much as when I make one of my designs as stock.

5. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

I can see what you mean in some ways. Anyways, it's a little bit better now that the calf is losing stiffness and stretched out a bit, but still gonna take some time. If I made it again I'd probably making it slightly bigger (mostly because I'm slightly bigger), slightly more cropped and slightly longer sleeves. I think if people want results on a jacket looking good right away, they should definitely just get lamb. A lot of people think the lamb moto looks best on me and I took a fit pic of that a day after getting it. Lamb just plain drapes better without having to beat the shit out of it for a year.

FWIW, I should add that despite my liking jackets sized more relaxed (judging from other pics of your TOJs, you obviously like snug), it's your pics of the calf DR which best highlight how nice the hide looks (you're standing in some hallway with ample natural lighting), and which made me want something in that very colored hide.

6. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Who ARE these people??

Been meaning to contribute to this threak but weather hasn't really called for it.

Finally it did, so, as posted in WAYWT, Yigal Azrouel.

[​IMG]

7. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

It was in this sub-forum that I first discovered Aero Leather Clothing. So, here is my second Aero Veste de Rallye. This time in black FQHH. However, my inelegant stature, appalling physique and overall hideousness, prevent me from posting pics of it being worn... sorry:

I recall you had sized down to 46 from your last VdR so I think this one will fit you well based on other fit pics that you've posted on TFL. I particularly like the OD green lining as a welcome departure from the usual linings.

As for me I'm still waiting for my black medium weight HH VdR to come back from Aero. 12 weeks and counting. [​IMG] I may therefore be biased, but I like the look of a longer leather overcoat. Most styles are 3/4 length (e.g. Highwayman) and for those of us that live in colder climates a longer jacket is very useful.

8. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

JD - looks fantastic and fit is great. Any more details on the jacket?

9. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

+1, details please

10. Lear

Lear Senior member

I recall you had sized down to 46 from your last VdR so I think this one will fit you well based on other fit pics that you've posted on TFL. I particularly like the OD green lining as a welcome departure from the usual linings. As for me I'm still waiting for my black medium weight HH VdR to come back from Aero. 12 weeks and counting. [​IMG] I may therefore be biased, but I like the look of a longer leather overcoat. Most styles are 3/4 length (e.g. Highwayman) and for those of us that live in colder climates a longer jacket is very useful.
    Yes, the pics shown above are of the enormous size 48 jacket I sold. It fitted like a size 50! The whole SW&D sub-forum is not of my age range, but I Googled Aero and discovered the first pic here. I can appreciate how many like the trim fitting leather jackets, but I could never carry it off. Enjoy your skinny jackets... I'm out of here... back to old man land [​IMG] Lear

11. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

+1, details please
    It's Yigal Azrouel from the first FW season. The leather is really nice, and thick; it's a verrrry heavy jacket. It has wool knit cuffs and waistband as visible there, but also on the back of the arms. It's lined obviously, but it also has an button-in insulated vest thing as well for added warmth. The fleece thing on the collar is detachable. I like it fully zipped with the collar up like that. I'll get some extra pics posted later.

12. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Here you go. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The awesomeness of this jacket is a bit overwhelming.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

That has to be one of the nicest buys I've seen on here in a while JD. Color is great, fit is near perfect, and I like the styling. (usually picky on leathers) Also, just for the hell of it: [​IMG]

15. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

JD, given the awesome fit of that jacket, I never would have guessed that it had such thick lining. Great find.