• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@sinnedk ,
could it be that you just ended up with a bad leather jacket from a company who may generally make better ones that the one you received.
I am not justifying it, because I have never handled any of their leathers. I really don't know anything about their product or whatever

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Are you in for December or January production? I was able to get in for December production.

I have no experience with FQHH and have very limited experience with Vicenza via the fit jacket I received on Friday. Vicenza is a medium-weight HH. The jacket is heavy AF at like 4 lbs, but feels nice and substantial in a good way, when you slap it on. This is my first “real” leather jacket, so please take my feedback with a grain of salt. :cheers:
Honestly no idea. Guessing January since I won’t get the fit jacket until Wednesday or so.

Thanks for the advice man, much appreciated

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sinnedk ,
could it be that you just ended up with a bad leather jacket from a company who may generally make better ones that the one you received.
I am not justifying it, because I have never handled any of their leathers. I really don't know anything about their product or whatever

The zippers were absolutely!
The leather thickness I am 100% sure was as intended.

walds11

Reaction score
Honestly no idea. Guessing January since I won’t get the fit jacket until Wednesday or so.

Thanks for the advice man, much appreciated

Probably January as they just closed December and opened January:

GET A CUSTOM AERO JACKET
PRODUCED IN JANUARY:
35 PRODUCTION SLOTS STILL AVAILABLE!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

It’s all good though. I’m in the Northeast (Philly, PA area), so probably won’t be wearing my jacket hard until the spring, but glad I got in for December production. I’ll definitely be wearing it as much as I can as soon as I get it, to break the baby in.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@RXS09 you may know this but black FQHH is a tea core so it will fade to brown at areas of high wear. Vicenza black is dyed through I believe so it should stay black.

There is a blackened brown Vicenza which should patina similarly to FQHH.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
@skeen7908, No, NN doesn't have any financial relation ship with addict, its just a brand he likes.He wouldn't try to prop something up for a discount.

@nicelynice I think we have extremely different understanding of 'thick' or 'nice' leather. This is literally the first time you mentioned Addict has 'thin' horse because looking at your post from when you bought it you say something different.

I haven't handled Aero but have handled CCP (sadly, don't recall thickness). From my understanding the Aero Vicenza is mid weight which would be similar to my IH and aero FQHH is heavy. FCL is more of a heavy weight leather, think a1923 culatta (circa 2014, these ) on a jacket. Its def not CCP LUC/SBUC thickness, in fact i don't think boot thickness would work on a leather unless its to protect one from a fall. But i digress.

I guess my best example that people may have experience with is that Addict horse is mildly thicker than Rick lamb (not glass ice), which i think is very thin.

Many current Rick leathers are made using Guidi hides, some are quite thick...

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many current Rick leathers are made using Guidi hides, some are quite thick...

**** I’d like to know which.

FYI I was only referring to rick’s lamb as thin. I have the calf stooges and intarsia both are quite heavy which I like. I only wish he used horse more often.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sinnedk you had a calf TOJ, didn’t you? How heavy would you say that was compared to other stuff you’ve handled? Because I have a Falcon in the “old TOJ’s calf” (standard FG calf is lighter). 3 years or so in and still feels like putting on a cardboard jacket (so stiff), but looking better the more I wear it (which is not as much as I should but I’ve got just too much outerwear). A pic I took today.

F2CA84D7-B7A5-43B3-A1B6-26637D454E7C.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do man. Should get the fit jacket in sometime next week, current lead time is 8-10 weeks so will be a little while but probably won’t be wearing the jacket until March/April.

Does anyone have experience with Aeros black FQHH or Vicenza horsehide? Trying to decide between those two
I do, and I much prefer the FQHH, which I think is a Horween leather. To me, the Vicenza is a bit too lightweight and it doesn't have that tight feel of say, Shinki horsehide. It looks nice on the hanger, but is definitely not for me, though plenty of people like it.

RXS09

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do, and I much prefer the FQHH, which I think is a Horween leather. To me, the Vicenza is a bit too lightweight and it doesn't have that tight feel of say, Shinki horsehide. It looks nice on the hanger, but is definitely not for me, though plenty of people like it.
Thank you for the input Fok. Only thing I don’t love about the FQHH is that it fades to a brown over time, but I guess I could always just re-dye it if I need to

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input Fok. Only thing I don’t love about the FQHH is that it fades to a brown over time, but I guess I could always just re-dye it if I need to
It will take years for this to be even a bit noticieable. I've been wearing my black CXL type 3 for about 3 full years (steerhide, but same tanning process), super hard, daily when it gets cold enough, and it's still pictch black except for at places where there is contant abrasion against other surfaces, like the edges of the cuffs.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sinnedk you had a calf TOJ, didn’t you? How heavy would you say that was compared to other stuff you’ve handled? Because I have a Falcon in the “old TOJ’s calf” (standard FG calf is lighter). 3 years or so in and still feels like putting on a cardboard jacket (so stiff), but looking better the more I wear it (which is not as much as I should but I’ve got just too much outerwear). A pic I took today.

Ahh yeah that is super stiff and heavy. Weight wise its like the RO calf on the LCW stooges but it was stiffer. I had that moto for a few years and it barely broke in. I wish i didn't make it as tight as i did cuz that made it less comfortable.

TOJ should allow you to get custom lining. the thin sateen leaves a lot to be desired.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wore my addict jacket today (navy horsehide) and was surprised at how light and 'softer' it felt compared to my other horsehide jackets (thedi, FCL, FlatHead..)

all the talk got me excited and decided to break it out today and I'm glad I did.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wore my addict jacket today (navy horsehide) and was surprised at how light and 'softer' it felt compared to my other horsehide jackets (thedi, FCL, FlatHead..)

all the talk got me excited and decided to break it out today and I'm glad I did.

You must be an influencer.

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, @nicelynice , you've darn near sold me on adding a sheep leather Addict to my long-term list. That or Fine Creek. That Fine Creek Instagram is incredible. That said, I'm skeptical either will fit me well, as Iron Heart is the only Japanese brand I've ever found that fits me well.

By the way, did y'all see Fine Creek's Cardinal Jacket? It sure is something...
fine_creek_cardinal_40_01-680x1025.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads