• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest Jantzen order

mbc

Reaction score
Pictures of my latest Jantzen order. Ordered them all with the same specs, just different fabrics. All of the shirts are darted in the back because I find that darts make shirts fit me the way I like... I usually have problems with excess fabric in the lower back of most of my shirts, and that fixes it.

Jantzen 2005 - White Diamond Dobby w/ Pink Pique Stripes
I think I had actually ordered 2006, which has blue stripes instead of pink. Don't know if that's my mistake or Ricky's, but I like this fabric anyhow so I don't really care.

Jantzen 2012 - White Fine Twill w/ Blue and Navy Fine Stripes
This is easily the most luxurious feeling fabric of all these shirts... actually one of the nicest I've ever felt. Very soft.

Jantzen 2036 - Blue Dobby w/ Blue Stripes
The stripes appear a little more green than blue in person.

Jantzen 2111 - White Fine Twill w/ Large Navy Squares

Jantzen 2216 - White Fine Twill w/ Blue and Sky Blue Checks

Jantzen 2248 - Light Blue Very Small Herringbone

Jantzen 2280 - Light Lavender Fine Diamond Dobby

Jantzen 2283 - White 1/4" Herringbone w/ Stripe Dobby

A few pictures of me wearing one of them after a wash/ironing.

Overall, pretty satisfied. The arms could be a little slimmer and I'm sure there are other minor fit tweaks that could be made as well, but they're a whole lot better than anything I'd ever buy RTW with my budget. All of the fabrics are great... even the least comfortable of those 8 is still pretty good.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
How did you specify darts on the form?

mbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
How did you specify darts on the form?

I put the following text in both the "Remarks" and "Remark of Shirt's Style" boxes:

"After the shirts have been made, please take two 1" darts in the lower back of the shirt."

And that's exactly what they did. 1" is the total width of the fabric darted at the widest point (so laid flat, each dart measures 0.5" with a ruler). I didn't specify the height of the darts, but they turned out alright.

alflauren

Reaction score
Thanks for the thread. I think it's good to have as many secondary Jantzen opinions as possible, since sometimes his fabrics can be hit or miss. I have a 4-shirt order in process right now, one of which is the 2280, so it's good to see another pic of it.

Your shirts look good, BTW. Can't beat it for the price...usually can't beat it for three times the price.

mbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alflauren
I have a 4-shirt order in process right now, one of which is the 2280, so it's good to see another pic of it.

I am wearing that shirt today actually. I really like the fabric... some dobby fabrics can be a bit rough on the inside but this one is very smooth inside while having a nice texture externally.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Those look much fitted and of higher quality than shirts made by www.tailorstore.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads