• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands End Suits?

boston

Reaction score
Hi:

Does anyone have any experience with Lands End Suits? (I know we've discussed their shirts on the forum already).

They offer semi-canvased suits at very low prices, and while I know they are only semi canvased, they may be better deals than fully fused suits, which can run for 4-5x the price.

Usually, their jackets are like tents around me, but their new "tailored fit" might be better. Certainly I find their tailored fit shirts fit me very well.

-boston

JohnMS

Reaction score
I've had very good luck with their 'half-canvas' suits. Keep their older catalogs and follow the prices. Sometimes you can pick the suits up for as little as $125 or less. I've only tried their suits made in Canada. The current batch is made in Portugal. They have a great return policy though. If you order and it doesn't work, you can return to a local Sears store so you're not out return shipping.

misterbowles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boston
Hi:

Does anyone have any experience with Lands End Suits? (I know we've discussed their shirts on the forum already).

They offer semi-canvased suits at very low prices, and while I know they are only semi canvased, they may be better deals than fully fused suits, which can run for 4-5x the price.

Usually, their jackets are like tents around me, but their new "tailored fit" might be better. Certainly I find their tailored fit shirts fit me very well.

-boston

Wanted to revive this and see if anyone else had anything to add...

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rags fit only for burning - not unlike a lot of their merchandise these days.

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to add but my standard answer to Land's End inquiries: if in doubt, try it; they'll gladly accept the return. You can even return it to your local Sears.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have ordered Lands End suits and, when altered by tailor, are good value workhorse suits. Not the greatest fabrics and not snazzy details, but fine for the money.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
I have ordered Lands End suits and, when altered by tailor, are good value workhorse suits. Not the greatest fabrics and not snazzy details, but fine for the money.

I own a couple Lands' End jackets, which I've worn regularly (2-3 times per week for 9 months of the year), for about 5 years. As marc237 wrote, they're good workhorse garments. The fabrics are scratchy, but continue to wear exceptionally well. Good value for the money, IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads