Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lands End Suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by boston, Jan 31, 2005.

1. boston

boston Senior member

Hi:

Does anyone have any experience with Lands End Suits? (I know we've discussed their shirts on the forum already).

They offer semi-canvased suits at very low prices, and while I know they are only semi canvased, they may be better deals than fully fused suits, which can run for 4-5x the price.

Usually, their jackets are like tents around me, but their new "tailored fit" might be better. Certainly I find their tailored fit shirts fit me very well.

-boston

2. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

I've had very good luck with their 'half-canvas' suits. Keep their older catalogs and follow the prices. Sometimes you can pick the suits up for as little as $125 or less. I've only tried their suits made in Canada. The current batch is made in Portugal. They have a great return policy though. If you order and it doesn't work, you can return to a local Sears store so you're not out return shipping.

3. misterbowles

misterbowles Senior member

Hi:

Does anyone have any experience with Lands End Suits? (I know we've discussed their shirts on the forum already).

They offer semi-canvased suits at very low prices, and while I know they are only semi canvased, they may be better deals than fully fused suits, which can run for 4-5x the price.

Usually, their jackets are like tents around me, but their new "tailored fit" might be better. Certainly I find their tailored fit shirts fit me very well.

-boston

Wanted to revive this and see if anyone else had anything to add...

4. GBR

GBR Senior member

Rags fit only for burning - not unlike a lot of their merchandise these days.

5. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

I have nothing to add but my standard answer to Land's End inquiries: if in doubt, try it; they'll gladly accept the return. You can even return it to your local Sears.

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

7. marc237

marc237 Senior member

I have ordered Lands End suits and, when altered by tailor, are good value workhorse suits. Not the greatest fabrics and not snazzy details, but fine for the money.

8. thinman

thinman Senior member

I have ordered Lands End suits and, when altered by tailor, are good value workhorse suits. Not the greatest fabrics and not snazzy details, but fine for the money.

I own a couple Lands' End jackets, which I've worn regularly (2-3 times per week for 9 months of the year), for about 5 years. As marc237 wrote, they're good workhorse garments. The fabrics are scratchy, but continue to wear exceptionally well. Good value for the money, IMO.