• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lands' End Canvas

dave333

Reaction score
Ordered a garment dyed oxford and one of the flannels.

I do fear it will be a bit big though, it seems that sizing from canvas is a bit mixed. Some say it is smaller than jcrew small, others say bigger.

thisfits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
While they may discourage someone washing/drying and then returning they will take it back no matter what basically. Their policy is:

Guaranteed. Period.Â
00ae.png

Our return policy is so simple it's just two words long: Guaranteed. Period.Â
00ae.png

It means you can return anything at anytime for any reason for a full refund of its purchase price.

We care about the quality of our products and your satisfaction with them. Today, tomorrow, forever.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm a huge fan of Lands' End Canvas and of their return policy; they make up like half my posts. I've taken back items that I've worn once or twice and machine washed and dried. In fact, for another 100% cotton item, another customer service rep told me that they were cool with me trying to shrink it since it's a machine washable piece of clothing.

They're that awesome.

That said, I'm just reiterating what the customer service rep told me: since the shawl collar sweater is not meant to be put in a washer and dryer, you may not be able to return it if you try shrinking it.

She did say "may," so I suppose there's a chance that they'd take it back anyways, which would be great. But I wasn't about to risk being out $70 to find out myself.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
Post how it fits when you get it, I'm in the market and just about the same size.
Will do.
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
Or you can go out on a limb and exchange it for a smaller size.
No. Too sensible.
confused.gif
I'd rather wreck it and then complain.
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by thisfits
Careful ... I chatted with customer service when mine didn't fit, and they said machine washing/drying it may void their return policy (care instructions say hand wash, air dry I think). If it doesn't work out, the exchange policy is pretty generous; the new item is shipped to you free (and they honor any discounted pricing you may have had, if any); you can also return the sweater for free at the Lands' End desk at your any Sears. Of course, I ordered a small, so when that was too big, no sizing down for me.
ffffuuuu.gif

Originally Posted by slide13
While they may discourage someone washing/drying and then returning they will take it back no matter what basically. Their policy is: Guaranteed. Period.Â
00ae.png
Our return policy is so simple it’s just two words long: Guaranteed. Period.Â
00ae.png
It means you can return anything at anytime for any reason for a full refund of its purchase price. We care about the quality of our products and your satisfaction with them. Today, tomorrow, forever.

That's a pretty good policy. In any event, I wear size large in almost everything I buy, so I doubt I'll have too much trouble. Also, when I went to check the sweater out, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the price has dropped to 39 bucks. Excellent. I don't think I mentioned that above. EDIT: sorry, I meant $33.99. That's a pretty good deal, IMHO.

Parachute

Reaction score
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a decent order. Are there any coupons floating around that offer more than just free shipping?

TDOT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parachute
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a decent order. Are there any coupons floating around that offer more than just free shipping?

Code CANVASPRE and PIN 1140

TopHatCat

Reaction score
I'm wearing the burgundy Varsity Cardigan in Small right now.

Fit/quality are spot on. The sleeves are slim and probably run shorter then most brands in this pricepoint since they fit me perfectly. I have to flip back the sleeves on all my J. Crew sweaters. Body is trim, but not skin tight which is fine for a thicker cardigan like this particular sweater. Overall length is perfect, it hits a couple inches below my hips. The material is soft and has nice weight to it.

For reference's sake, I'm 5'6", 140 with an athletic build, 36c/28w.

GSaavedra

Reaction score
I thought I'd contribute a pic of the shawl cardigan I got yesterday
I'm wearing a small in the picture. The top button closes no problem but I thought it looked better open.
I almost always wear a medium, and measure: 5'8", 160 lbs, 31 waist, 40 chest, 16 neck, 32 arm.

I got two of the sale shirts in M which seem nice enough for $17 apiece. Both are heritage poplins (blue stripe & forest green gingham) which are pretty soft and have a trim fit, but need a wash before I can wear them. The cut is slimmer in the body than a J Crew secret wash shirt I have, but allows more movement in the shoulders. This could change if they shrink, though.

I jumped on a pair of pants but they're still wrapped up.

Finally I got the shawl collar sweater in M. It fits well in the body, but the shoulders seem broad and the sleeves are pretty long so I don't know if I will keep it. It's a heavier weight than I expected, as well.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AsleyJaron