• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lagerfeld jeans experience?

izlat

Reaction score
I found a pair of black Lagerfeld jeans cheap (NMLC - $100 or so) - lots of elastane, hug thighs quite a bit (=good). However, right now they are kind of tight in the crotch area (=bad), wondering whether to buy

Anyone know how these stretch with wear (w/owashing for say months) and also if they shrink much with washing?

Also, they seem to be the type of dressy jeans that don't look better with wear / age - any ideas there?

Thanks

Casey

Reaction score
I'd put as a rule of thumb that if any part of the jeans is uncomfortable, then you can find a better pair. There's so many out there, and since jeans were meant to look good now mater how old they are (to an extent) then there is definitely a better pair for you.

I don't have any KL experience, and I would be surprised if many other members do, but are you considering these jeans because you want a black pair or just because they were on sale?

I think the pair you'll hear about most on this forum is the APC New Standard, which you may or may not be familiar with. They come in black and I think they're the fit you're looking for. It will cost a little more, $155, but you can find discounts from our affiliates and find more info on the threads dedicated to the jeans.

izlat

Reaction score
I love the current deep black color, minimal (visible) details, fit on thighs. The fabric is also high quality, I think. Rise is higher, which I prefer, and leg is straight - not crazy boot cut or severe taper. I like all of these

I am not too sure about the high-fashion > jeans connection though - not my first choice. But - more importantly, if they shrink much with washing I won't be able to put them on, or wear to work... Also, I am not sure they will look as nice when faded- thus my questions

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
casey is right it will not get any better. you could as an option amputate that center member.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads