• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lacoste in ‘two weeks notice’

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
HBO (at least I think it was HBO) reran "˜Two Weeks Notice' yesterday and there is a scene when Hugh Grant walks into Sandra Bullock's office after a round of Tennis, and he is wearing a white Lacoste polo with a black collar, and 3 decorative parallel black vertical stripes running from the end of the placket to the bottom of the shirt, the center stripe is quite thick while the other two flaking it are quite thin.

Does anyone know if Lacoste still makes this polo? Or something similar?

Jon.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And, I found a picture. (I love the Internet. ) (I guess it also had two gray stripes...huh)
TwoWeeksNotice5.jpg
TwoWeeksNotice4.jpg
For you watch fans, he is wearing a Panerai. Jon.

DSKent

Reaction score
I've never seen that particular shirt, but since you're in Boca, you should stop by the Lacoste store at Town Center and ask. If it's an older shirt, you could also try the Lacoste outlet at Sawgrass Mills.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the Lacoste store in Town Center does not carry it, nor does the newly opened (ok, newly moved) Lacoste store in Palm Beach.

Huh, I did not know Lacoste had an outlet in Sawgrass Mills, how much is a typical polo shirt? Do they cost less than in the retail stores?

Jon.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, the Lacoste store in Town Center does not carry it, nor does the newly opened (ok, newly moved) Lacoste store in Palm Beach.

Huh, I did not know Lacoste had an outlet in Sawgrass Mills, how much is a typical polo shirt? Do they cost less than in the retail stores?

Jon.
Is a salesperson named Chantal (nicknamed Chloe) still working at the West Palm Beach Lacoste?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS,05 Aug. 2004, 9:30
Well, the Lacoste store in Town Center does not carry it, nor does the newly opened (ok, newly moved) Lacoste store in Palm Beach. Huh, I did not know Lacoste had an outlet in Sawgrass Mills, how much is a typical polo shirt? Do they cost less than in the retail stores? Jon.
Is a salesperson named Chantal (nicknamed Chloe) still working at the West Palm Beach Lacoste?
I have no idea if she is working at Lacoste (I am not familiar with their sales staff); nor is West Palm Beach, Palm Beach (pet peeve of mine, like calling Bal Harbour, Miami). Jon.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
named Chantal (nicknamed Chloe)
dontgetit.gif
how do you get from chantal to chloe? --- ObTopic: i too want to hear about shirt prices at lacoste outlets...

DSKent

Reaction score
The prices on the polos are cheaper down there than at the Lacoste stores or at department stores. If I recall, the typical polo was $49 (if I recall correctly, these were the "designed in France, made in Peru" shirts). Non-standard colors and patterns could be had for even less. Also worth mentioning: when I was at Saks at the Gardens mall in PBG, they had a few shirts in non-standard colors (meaning grey, pale yellow, etc.) on sale as part of the finale sale. Saks on Worth Ave. and at Town Center probably also have them if their sales are still on.

As for Sawgrass Mills, I suggest you check out their site. I was able to find some very nice things last time I went there. Among the higher-end outlets, they have: Ike Behar, Off-5th, Last Call, Lacoste, Hugo Boss, Cole Haan, Johnston & Murphy, Joseph Abboud, Polo (I have seen RLPL there before), not to mention a bunch of smaller stores that carry high-end Italian stuff (they also carry a lot of Italian brands you'd be a lot more likely to find on eBay than in Milan, but you have to look for the good stuff). I have to make a trip down there before I leave FL.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads