• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kohzo Denim

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Just bought a pair the other day off ot Yoox: http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?cod10=36025186

They are awesome. They run a little bit small in the waist (maybe an inch), but they fit great. Very similar to a Diesel Nathan cut.

The wash on these in particular is amazing. They look like clay dried in the sun, and from wearing them one time, I can tell they are going to wear in VERY quickly. They also seem very well constructed, and are the perfect weight denim.

I bought them a few days ago and they were $55 more than they are now. If they have your size, and are interested in a very rare, out of the ordinary pair of denim, I highly recommend them.

Anyone have any experience with their other denims? They have very interesting offerings. Where can they be found in the city?

Dan

minya

Reaction score
IIRC Kohzo are a very, very fancy denim company, similar to 45RPM, who primarily make super-high-priced (circa $1k) natural-indigo dyed jeans. I think. I believe they have stores in Japan and one in NYC. http://www.kohzo.ch/philosophy.html Can you post some pictures of those jeans you got? Actually, those look like kakishibu (persimmon-dyed) jeans. Holy crap. That is a great price. The only other kakishibu jeans I've seen have been Burgus Plus, out of Japan, and they sold for 52,500 yen (over $500)!! Can you please give me some measurements? How do they fit? I'm really interested!

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
They are kakishibu persimmon dyed jeans. They are also limited to 1000 pair, individually numbered on the inside of the back pocket. According to Yoox's pricing structure, they should have retailed for around $620. The price is amazing.

Unfortunately I don't have a digital camera, so I can't provide pics, but they are a fairly accurate representation on the site. They are a little more brown and a little less orange than in the picture. It is a VERY uneven dye job (which is what i love about them). I ordered a size 30 (the last one) and they fit like a glove. They fit slightly snugger than Helmut Langs of the same size. I'll try to get measurements for you later.

Dan

minya

Reaction score
More brown -- that's good. The pictures look very, very orange. Haha.

They look like a boot-cut -- how boot-cut are we talking? Subtle or "flared"?

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by minya
More brown -- that's good. The pictures look very, very orange. Haha.

They look like a boot-cut -- how boot-cut are we talking? Subtle or "flared"?

Definitely boot but, but definitely subtle. Not far from a straight leg. The cut's pretty near perfect. And the inseam is 32" on the 30" waist. The others may be different.

Dan

minya

Reaction score
ok, I think you've convinced me. I wonder what size I should get. I'm a "true" 34 (I think) but I often wear 32 in jeans, since I like them to fit tight and stretch out...

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
ok, I think you've convinced me. I wonder what size I should get. I'm a "true" 34 (I think) but I often wear 32 in jeans, since I like them to fit tight and stretch out...

I guess I would probably go for the 33 then, if I were you. Good thing is Yoox's return policy. It'll cost you $8 if you do need to return them, but it's painless and right now shipping is free, effectively cancelling that fee out.

Dan

minya

Reaction score
I just ordered the 33. Thanks for the heads up. I'll return them or re-sell them if I don't like them... these should look good with my lime-green Bapestas
tongue.gif
btw, I used the styleforum affiliate link. I feel like I've done a good thing.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
How heavy is the denim? Venture a guess?

From their website: "the application of juice strengthens the denim, so that your jeans will remain tough. yet because the cloth is derived from paper, your jeans are also pleasantly light."

Sounds like marketing BS, but it actually is true. I would venture a guess of 10.5-11 oz., but they feel super sturdy at the same time. Like when you buy a new pair of APC and they have that sheet metal feel, only without the uncomfortable factor.

Although, I did wash them immediately upon receiving them as they were like sheet metal out of the package.

The tag and the label give conflicting washing instructions. I went with the instructions on the label and machine washed them. I did it by themselves, inside out, with color safe detergent and they came out great. I actually machined tried them too as I wanted to shrink them about 1/2 inch in length. It worked.

Dan

minya

Reaction score
btw, I'm guessing these aren't selvage, are they?

minya

Reaction score
Dan, since I'm impatient and I insist on bugging you, can you tell me the front rise measurement?

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Dan, since I'm impatient and I insist on bugging you, can you tell me the front rise measurement?

Crotch seam to top front is 10". Leg opening is just under 9" and knee just under 8", so the bootcut encompasses a 1" difference (2" around). It's subtle.

Dan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads