• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kicking Mule 1950s

EdMan

Reaction score
I've had mine about a week. I like them. The denim is awesome. I got a 36x32 so I only cuff them about an inch or so. They are a roomy jean. I do wish they had a little more taper but they're cool. I just have a different look with them than my APC NS.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
I like that they're a bit "roomy" as you say... the denim is definetly tops. There really is no taper at all, they're straight leg. All in all, the perfect jean for me
smile.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ron

Reaction score
I have last years model, bought last summer. It does not appear that the sizing has changed. The taper is very slight on my size 34, about 1/2 inch from knee to hem. I was able to get a 32 inseam so no stacking or hemming needed. I like them enough that I decided to get the AWA version which should arrive any day now.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They got a 10% discount for superfuture members, so $540 :p

nastyandy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
They got a 10% discount for superfuture members, so $540 :p

I read some months back in GQ that Denimbar would also be carrying those. . . $480 assuming DB allows the SF discount on them.

KennyGhetzoff

Reaction score
still 200+ more than I'd be willing to spend...

I don't own AWA, just regular old made in japan indigo version. Quite nice. Have worn them 5 straight days since purchase :

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EdMan
I've had mine about a week. I like them. The denim is awesome. I got a 36x32 so I only cuff them about an inch or so. They are a roomy jean. I do wish they had a little more taper but they're cool. I just have a different look with them than my APC NS.

Can you compare the sizing to what you wear in the NS?

EdMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Can you compare the sizing to what you wear in the NS?

Well I sized down one in the APC to a 35. They are a little loose but definitely not baggy. I guess the typical size down one look. I probably could have sized down two but they probably would have been skin tight, at least in the beginning. I'm a fairly big guy ( 5'11", 205), pretty muscular upper so I don't want my jeans too skinny or I look like a fool.

The KMW is pretty loose on me. I wore them all weekend and they already stretched about an inch in the waist. They fit looser than my APC, but the biggest difference is the knee and leg opening. To get the APC fit I think you may have to get the 1980 and I don't think I would hesitate to size down one. They don't run small.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads