Kentucky Bourbon Trail / Bourbon Distilleries

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by CaesarSTL, May 5, 2013.

1. CaesarSTL

CaesarSTL Senior member

Hello,

I'm going to be back in the US for a couple of weeks here in May with the gf''s french family, and we're considering a side trip over to Louisville/Bourbon country. Any locals or experts on the board who could make some suggestions? Favorite tours, more authentic tours, restaurants, places to stay, other points of interest, etc. Looking at several web sites seems to suggest that you can't really try any of the higher end offerings at the distilleries, is this true? Are there any distillery only bottlings I should look out for? Thanks!

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Can't help you out with Louisville, but I think overall you are correct that the higher end offerings will not be available at the distilleries. I have been to Buffalo Trace in Frankfort twice, and they've never had any of their more rare whiskies (i.e. Pappy Van Winkle, BTAC) for sample or sale..

3. Ed Wiser

Ed Wiser Active Member

4. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Louisville is really an underrated city. I went there expecting meh and was surprised at how great it was.